• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

222 XE Top Speed

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The “limited” reverse will be more than adequate to throw someone who is standing and not holding on out the front of the boat.

Did you watch the vid I linked? Steve barely applies any throttle in reverse and that boat stops pronto!

I’ve messed around with mine a fair amount, had two old salts on board one day and they said they wanted to see this fast stopping thing.. they were stunned.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it had a sub-woofer, it would be perfect.
That should be a relatively easy fix. You might just have to take that on and document it for the good of the community!! I do not believe there is much written up on how to “tap into” the Hertz system, as its new for this year. As for the sub location, can you look to the 222x series for the OEM sub location?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well if you give the early boats too much throttle in reverse going too fast it can rip the weaker style steering casting right off... I have updated to the much stronger later articulating keel capable parts and have had no problems since... :wideyed:

Rob222xd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Hi all, just looking for some insight on the new 222 XE / XD top speed. I already placed a deposit on one but my main motivator to take the plunge was performance / speed coming from a 2018 AR 210. There was a recent video by Boater Magazine which said 43-44 mph with 400 lbs of passenger and 60 gallons of fuel. The TR-1s are 40 mph on a good day, I have had AR 240s out and they perform well with enough top speed. My understanding is the 212 models with 1.8l also pull 50 mph. Could this be a prototype issue, conditions while testing, boat still in break in mode or is this what to expect with the new hull design ? Also wondering if the wake series are slower than the other models? Thanks in advance
mine tops out just past 44...so far...just me on board and about 3/4 tank of fuel

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
mine tops out just past 44...so far...just me on board and about 3/4 tank of fuel
I'm guessing the new hull design might be slowing it down. What's weight difference between the new generation and previous one?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also remember it is the dead of summer. If it is hot and humid you could lose 3-5 mph.