• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

3 People "Required" to Ski?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it required to have 2 people on a boat in order to pull a wake board? I know it is suggested to have an observer but with my huge Ski Mirror, I am better than any friend/observer. My son and I are going out this afternoon and wake boarding would be a plus. I looked on line for Pennsylvania and I read things like "should". Again, any one of us drivers are capable of pulling on a secluded river with a mirror given that we will be the only one's there.

In Florida a spotter can be replaced with a mirror.

Just depends on the state. We boat on the Mississippi river in Missouri and it is ok to have a Ski Mirror, but when we cross over into Illinois that is not legal.

Not sure about PA. In Missouri you can tow a skier with an approved size mirror.

In Cali you need a spotter, a mirror won't suffice.

Last edited:
3 people in New York.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a "spotter" if you've got a nice chest full of cold ones ;)

Not to derail this but what's a good mirror that will clip on my tower and not block my view when I don't need it?

My neck was hurting on our last lake vacation, the cheap rail clip mirror I had broke the first day.

Kinda off subject but, can you use an orange shirt tied to stick to replace flag in a pinch? Lost mine once and used an orange shirt to continue tubing for a couple of passes. I don't know if that was exceptable or not. Now I keep an extra on the boat.

I Cali you need a spotter a mirror won't suffice.

Or.....

I swear Officer, he must have fallen out back there! Are you sure you didn't see our spotter in the water?

Outlaw skiing and boarding is best done very early in the morning, during donut hour! :D

But I don't advocate breaking any boating laws. However, I did make a carpool lane dummy for a buddy. Worked like a charm, even had it's own cell phone. I suppose a "Spotter Dummy" would work?

Back