• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

5 years since purchase

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Today marks 5 years since I've bought my 2019 SX195. I've never owned any toys this long and I'm very surprised that I've kept it this long without getting bored of it, or wanting to upgrade so bad that I would trade it in. This boat has been great to us and honestly not sure if I'm going to trade it in or upgrade anytime soon. Just wanted to share with you all, and wish that you all are as happy with your boats as I am with ours.

1696509799096.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love seeing the positive post!

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Michal- Very cool, and Congrats! I have a 2023 AR195 and love it so far in Cape Carteret at the NC coast.
You are right down the road from me....
I plan on keeping ours for a long time also...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!!
I've had mine for 13 years and still love it, seriously if it was more than oil/plugs/gas I probably would have sold it long, long ago,

even though it's only gotten limited use past few years it's still, pull the cover off, test start the engine and go to the lake

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ten years for me and it seems like I just got it. I didn't get to use it last year. We are finally moving full time to our lake house and will finally get some long summers of boating. Every time we have gone out its been enjoyable. I've done a couple of oil changes and thats about it. Its a great boat.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Congratulations!!
I've had mine for 13 years and still love it, seriously if it was more than oil/plugs/gas I probably would have sold it long, long ago,

even though it's only gotten limited use past few years it's still, pull the cover off, test start the engine and go to the lake
Got to love the ease of use and maintenance for sure!

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Michal- Very cool, and Congrats! I have a 2023 AR195 and love it so far in Cape Carteret at the NC coast.
You are right down the road from me....
I plan on keeping ours for a long time also...
we love this area!

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ten years for me and it seems like I just got it. I didn't get to use it last year. We are finally moving full time to our lake house and will finally get some long summers of boating. Every time we have gone out its been enjoyable. I've done a couple of oil changes and thats about it. Its a great boat.
We have 3 more years left where we have to be where we are at. Thinking that the next place for us will be a lake/river house as well. Right on the water. Can't wait.

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We are loving ours as well, we purchased in 2020! So far nothing other than maintenance however, I have an appointment at Wilmington Power Sports at the end of November to finally see what the issue with the 21 mph saga. I will for sure post as soon as we find out what is up. It seems to be an issue a lot of folks have, it’s strange that the rpm’s are almost the same with everyone, 5100-5200, but only 21 mph. We plan to keep our boat as well, we enjoy it too much to get rid of it. We go out almost twice a month if not more. Great investment!

Attachments

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are loving ours as well, we purchased in 2020! So far nothing other than maintenance however, I have an appointment at Wilmington Power Sports at the end of November to finally see what the issue with the 21 mph saga. I will for sure post as soon as we find out what is up. It seems to be an issue a lot of folks have, it’s strange that the rpm’s are almost the same with everyone, 5100-5200, but only 21 mph. We plan to keep our boat as well, we enjoy it too much to get rid of it. We go out almost twice a month if not more. Great investment!
21 mph @ +-5500 rpms sounds like supercharger clutch failure. I had same issue original clutch lasted 250 hrs. Replaced clutch, all kinds of power came back. I'm also on my 5 year anniversary. Boat has been great, but I will upgrade next year, going outboard since all my time is spent on salt water.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're prepping to put ours away for the winter. Bought new in early '17. 7 seasons of good times out of this boat. We're just now thinking of upgrading, but only to get more space to take more people with us. Not because of performance or features, we really just want more seats.

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This month marks 6 years that we've had our 2018 AR195. This was my first boat ever. At first we stored it in our 3rd garage. Then 2 years later we bought a lot at Lake Gaston and began building a lake house. Fast forward to now, we can get to the lake house in 75 minutes and just lower the boat into the water. The boat has been used so much more now b/c of the lakehouse and also my 2 teen boys - who are able to drive and dock the boat - taking it out on 30 minute joy rides multiple times per day in the summer.

I have thought about upgrading to a bigger Yamaha but the the prices are so much higher than in Fall 2017, I just can't get the Mrs' approval. Plus with the boys only a couple years from college, we won't need the space. But generally, what a blessing that we came upon boating. Thankful!