• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

6 month lurker... Now owner 252sd

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome!!!

Great looking boat!

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!! Looks great! And she's living in a brand new home by the look of that storage!!!
Yes! Very hard to find something with big enough doors to put this in! I got lucky!

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Nice. Looks like you already added some modifications to help with steering.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Added the Cobra jet steering. I did something wrong.. the steering wheel is no longer centered to keep going straight. Otherwise works great.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! Have a fun summer on the water! Get yourself a Stoltz bow roller as the stock plastic one will scratch boat all up.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Added the Cobra jet steering. I did something wrong.. the steering wheel is no longer centered to keep going straight. Otherwise works great.
Mines the same way, but everything is perfectly centered with the wheel straight on the trailer.

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats!! That’s a great looking setup

Krats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s easy to straighten. Unfasten the tie rods. Unfasten the steering clevis on both pumps. Put the wheel where it needs to be. Fasten a straight edge across the back of the pumps (6’ level or 2x4). Then rotate each clevis until you can attach them both. Reattach the tie rods. Make sure you do whatever toe-in is recommended for the fins. Tighten everything down. Blue locktite.

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
What's the advantage of the cobra jet steering? Extra control? Waiting on the 212sd, if it doesn't come in, might look at 252 to order for next year

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What's the advantage of the cobra jet steering? Extra control? Waiting on the 212sd, if it doesn't come in, might look at 252 to order for next year
They make the boat feel like it’s running on rails (extra control) and they help with reverse steering.

Switched from TV’s to CobraJet on my 190 and saw an improvement, and put them on my 242 and had a noticeable increase in steering over the articulating keel.

They also decrease the skier’s ability to “steer the boat” when cutting out to the side, making it easier to maintain a steady line.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Definitely added better low speed control as well as high speed. I love the additional control and highly recommend. On a side note the drive models have electric steering so the steering wheel only turns the jets when the engines are running. I believe this where I messed up the centering of the wheel. Hooked it to the hose and started one engine... Moved the wheel back and forth then centered it. That's when I found out the jets and rudder were not lined up with the keel. Readjusted the jets and lines up much better now.