• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A Covid Yammie That Doesn’t Leak

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
After reading about all the leaks Yammies are having, I was nervous AF to wet slip my boat for 3 days. Spent the last 3 days at Don Pedro in CA and happy to report boat is bone dry. 2 tanks of gas on the lake, and 3 nights in a slip and no leaks. Amazing considering I have a Covid boat. Love this machine!

After reading about all the leaks Yammies are having, I was nervous AF to wet slip my boat for 3 days. Spent the last 3 days at Don Pedro in CA and happy to report boat is bone dry. 2 tanks of gas on the lake, and 3 nights in a slip and no leaks. Amazing considering I have a Covid boat. Love this machine!
I also have a Covid boat with no leaks (or seemingly the other issues others have reported, such as manufacturing junk in the hull & storage spaces, loose screws, missing screws, misaligned panels/enclosures, etc.). I very rarely get water out of the drain plug when it's put on the trailer, and I have left my boat wetslipped several weekends and, at one point, for a month, when I couldn't get back there due to a family emergency. I am thoroughly happy with and impressed by this boat! As is everyone who has gone out on it. I just wanted to post something positive, rather than always hearing about "issues".

We have not had any issues. Last year was great and looking forward to another.

Put some ballast on there and get that rub rail at the water line and report back. :) Mine had the normal issues: 1.) anchor locker drain 2.) Poorly sealed clean out hatch 3.) Some clamps not very tight on thru hull drains allowing dribbles of water in. Fixed all of those and unless I put the fatsac on the back it's nearly bone dry after a day out on the water. With the fatsac on the bilge pump comes on from time to time, and when I pull the drain plug a bunch of water comes out. I know what it takes to fix it and I'm not exactly willing to pull the rubrail back and seal that. For the little amount I get to surf it's not worth it. Just let the pump do its thing.

Love seeing the positive posts!

What’s constitutes a Covid boat? Lol when does the date cut off.

What’s constitutes a Covid boat? Lol when does the date cut off.
When the pandemic restrictions end and supply chain returns to normal...if that ever happens.
:rolleyes:
I think QA is hit and miss regardless of when the boat was made. However mine has been pretty good with just a couple minor issues (built Feb 2020 though). Same with the trailer, no issues except setup was too tongue heavy.
:thumbsup:

New Oct 2022. Got a little water in routinely, until I sealed off the anchor drain. Inside and outer hull. I do not pull transom drain plugs. I visually inspect with a flashlight. Always dry. I am currently documenting how much fuel is available at different fuel gauge readings. Will share when available. So far, drastic difference.

I do not pull transom drain plugs.
You should pull all the plugs from time to time and lubricate with silicone spray or similar to keep them soft and water resistant - helps to prevent leaks and from sticking in the socket. Last thing you want is a need to pull the plugs and they're stuck in there or they rip and leak afterwards. Same for the big cleanout plugs - pull and lubricate regularly.

Back