• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abyss Light sale (24 MORE)

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in for 3 if they are still around!

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PM me the info and I'll PayPal you.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is some DETAILED information, if this helps someone(s):

1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABYSS-s1800b-Underwater-Waterproof-18-LED-Boat-Transom-Light-s1800-marine-lite-/140939305142
AND:

2) http://www.abysslite.com/Abyss%20
S1800%20Underwater%20LED%20Boat%20Light%20Specs.pdf

Wishing everyone a simply Wonderful and Beautiful Mother's Day Weekend - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Ok here is the deal.
He had a large order of these in stainless that due to packaging problems have cosmetic damages. Mostly small dents and small scratches. He actually had to get them sent back to see the damage as he could not see them in the pictures. I have not seen them yet but he will drop them off so I can take a look. On his website are only brass, but this was a custom order in Stainless. http://www.abysslite.com/product/s1800-marine-grade-bronze-underwater-led-boat-light/

The price will be $185 plus shipping. PayPal the easiest way, just use the friends and family way to send.

I have not looked into shipping fees yet. But if you know how much it will be, send that amount. I have UPS at the office everyday or I will drop by the post office for some flat rate boxes.
The earliest I can start shipping is Monday as I am leaving town for a few days.
Let me know if there are any questions. He said there are about 60 of them so let me know how many you want.
I have 10 now with access to only 10 more.
View attachment 4896
Just remember they are stainless not bronze as shown in the links

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will also take 2 if you have them available. I just need the paypal info if you do. THANKS !!!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Before anyone uses that template to drill into their transom. That is not the correct template. The holes don't line up on my light.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's all good. I just followed the website and drilled a 3/16 hole, then counter sunk it till it was flush. Then used a smaller bit for the mounting screws and sealed it all up with 3m 4200.

Now I just need to fish the wire to the helm.

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you Tranio! Got my lights yesterday and can't wait to get them installed. Thanks!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you also. Mine was received while I was on a little R & R in Virginia. So many Thanks !

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I got it installed and working, but I havent taken a video yet. I will do it tomorrow afternoon after I suffer the wrath of the motor vehicle administrator while I attempt to change my address.

I ended up wiring it to my anchor light switch so that it comes on with the anchor light. There are no relays for the tower or NAV lights.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looking forward to it. I ordered 2 and they should be at my place any time now !!!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up wiring it to my anchor light switch so that it comes on with the anchor light. There are no relays for the tower or NAV lights.
The Anchor/NAV light circuit breaker is 5-amp. The Anchor light and NAV lights draw about 2-amps. The Abyss S1800 is rated at 2-amp. So that's about 4 amps total and you should be fine. HOWEVER anybody thinking about 2 or more Abyss S1800's will want to consider another circuit.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So the light worked out great this past weekend. I had 10 people on board and was not at the boat ahead of time, so I wasnt able to get a video of the install. I can say that the light is not very bright in the murky brackish Chesapeake bay water. But.... once on plane it looks awesome!

I'm going to back to the boat tomorrow to clean it up from the weekend, so I will take the video then. I will cover the mounting and the wiring. I'll get a video of it in action this coming weekend when I take it to the shore.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The Anchor/NAV light circuit breaker is 5-amp. The Anchor light and NAV lights draw about 2-amps. The Abyss S1800 is rated at 2-amp. So that's about 4 amps total and you should be fine. HOWEVER anybody thinking about 2 or more Abyss S1800's will want to consider another circuit.
Any idea on which circuit would handle 2 of these lights ???

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your courtesy light circuit will handle the load especially if you don't run your courtesy lights at the same time you run the underwater leds.

Here is an esay way to power your underwater leds. Replace you factory courtesy light switch with an anchor/mouring light switch (three position switch on-off-on). This way you will only be able to turn on the underwater leds or the courtsey lights not both. From the new switch you will run one wire 14 or 16 awg to power the underwater leds. For the underwater led ground just run a ground wire over to the battery. Also, with this method you don't have to mount a new switch.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very good idea I may just do it that way or possibly find a switch that can handle the 2 LED's and the courtesy light at the same time.