• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD AL - Sportsstuff Sumo Tube with Splashguard

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Picked up a Sportsstuff Sumo Tube a couple years ago and my kids didn’t enjoy it. They’d rather wakeboard or kneeboard. I’d do $50 plus shipping on it if someone wants it.

IMG_4642.png

These Sumos are a tough ride and not enjoyable imo. The perfect size where your nutz are hanging out and getting blasted in the waves. You have to have incredible upper body strength to hold onto this rope and keep going. This views from 2011. Scroll to about 1.35 and see how tough it is

That rider was the starting center on Clemson's 2018 title run. Strong mofo. I broke my shoulder at 4.16 riding a hotdog tube with him. Also dangerous as f. Oh to be young again!

I bought one used a few years back for $50, no splash guard/ball though. I almost drowned in it twice before I left it at the ramp for the next victim, I mean happy user. It’s a great price but I say only for the strong and / or sadomasochistic riders/drivers.

I really appreciate comments discouraging the purchase of something I have for sale. Thanks guys. I know it sucks, that’s why I’m selling it. Maybe someone else won’t think it sucks.

Maybe someone else (actually a fellow forum member) will appreciate the heads-up / warnings. I know I would have. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I had riders of all different ages from 15 to 45 try it, they unanimously hated it.

I ain’t mad at you. Just came across a little untactful. Seemed like comments like that should have been left in a discussion forum instead of on someone’s classified ad.

Crapping IN his for sale thread isn't helping HIM, so it's just tough shite for him, he screwed up, go kick rocks? Sorry he's so stupid? SMH ?‍♂️

It was a lot untactful @F.M. , I admit that but it’s just my opinion / review based on actual experience. If this was being sold through Amazon it would be subject to the same, actually harsher reviews.

Even though my riders and I hated it, it was only because we couldn’t use it like we thought / it was a lot harder to hold on until it planed than we anticipated. In retrospect we should have thought more. You start in the Superman position, too far forward and you sub, too far back and the front of the tube lifts out of the water, from the initial pull until it’s on plane water is being forced into the front/top opening that your head goes through so by analogy your face is the bow at the waterline and you are plowing water with it.

Despite the above, we had a great time trying and trying it on, lots of funny pics and laughs to go with them. We also all had fun watching people try and fail to use it. Bottom line for me is that I got my $50 worth on day one. If more of us got on plane with it I would have bought another for some sumo tube wars. After a few sessions the challenge became trying to complete a roll in its and once someone met that challenge I left it on the ramp for the next boaters who thought they had what it takes, paying it forward so to speak.

Another reason i didn’t keep it was that it only held one rider and we usually have two to four riders in a tube at a time to make sure everyone gets plenty of tube time.

If any boaters here need a challenge they cannot beat this for $50. Just know what you are getting in to. If I paid $150 (full retail) for it, I don’t think I’d feel the same way about.
IMG_5923.pngIMG_5922.pngIMG_5926.pngIMG_5925.png

Last edited:
It was a lot untactful @F.M. , I admit that but it’s just my opinion / review.

Really.

“I admit I was untactful, but I stand by it and I justify myself by sharing my opinion again.”

You’re a very knowledgeable guy, and I’ve enjoyed reading and following your posts for years. Your opinion, when given at the appropriate time and place, will always be welcome and respected by me. But your posts and actions in this thread show very little class and respect for others and have lowered my respect for you.

@Ronnie. What you did is bad form. If someone did that to you for a perfectly safe / reputable item you would not be happy. That old do unto others thing. He didn’t post his for sale item for review.

Then you admit it was untactful then double down by reposting? C’mon man, that’s just not nice or respectful.

These opinions could have easily been made in a new thread about towables, which would actually be a very helpful thread, which towables are good / bad and why. I saw similar bad form a while back when a guy was trying to sell a perfectly good brand new shore lander trailer and people jumped onto that thread with all sorts of comments about how bad that trailer was, thankfully, despite what others said that member was able to sell that trailer.

So why don’t you do what is right, as opposed to “the right thing” and delete your comments here, saying you just left it on the dock for some unsuspecting person to find and use? C’mon man. How would feel if that happened to you? Answer not happy.

start a new thread about towables and post them there. You could even set it up as a what towables does everyone have and how do you like them and why or why not.

Back