• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Almost a new boater

mbtodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I recently joined and feel lucky to have found you.

So to start, my name is Michael and I'm a software/web developer in the northern Virginia DC metro area. Father of 3 boys, 11yrs and twin 9 yr old's. A husband, golfer, snow skier, motorcycle rider, basketball player, and still manage to rack up a decent kc in call of duty.

The title is almost a new boater because I'm not an owner yet. I've never owned and through tons of research and failed purchase attempts, my search lead me here.

So far within a week or less, I've found a lead to a boat that's amazing, and in my price range. So I'm happy to be a part of this and look forward to learning and growing from this group of caring and experienced boaters.

Michael

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the group

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and welcome to the forum. Thank you for introducing yourself. That's great. There's tons of good info here to help you stay safe and on the water. Yes. please share pictures when you get her. We love pictures. Let us know if you need anything.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! I best off luck with your boat plans.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If the pattern of behaviour continues, I would lock that boat up ASAP as it seems like there are a lot of people out there shopping for boats right now.

And welcome to the forum!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That really sounded a lot like an intro to your first 12 step program meeting! Only here it works in reverse - you get hooked! Welcome!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Day one and you got the brutal truths up front. These mugs in here will definitely help you spend your money, and if you didnt have a HUGE boat fever already, its about to get much much worse!!!! Welcome aboard and definitely looking forward to your pics!!!!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome!

Do you have a moment to have a heart-to-heart talk about Trim Tabs and Steering Fins? LED lights perhaps? Oh - Are you an Audio System kind of guy? Wait, I know.... You want a bigger wake!

Yeah, say goodbye to your excess money. :cool:

The good news is, what you spend on extra stuff you don't need, you'll save on maintenance costs by maintaining / fixing it yourself with help from this group. (At least that's what I keep telling myself......)

mbtodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
haha... okay, this bunch is definitely funny.

Thank you for the welcomes.

The process of buying a boat has been a roller-coaster of emotions. Hopefully I'll be on the water soon with pictures of me unloading and docking, pretending like I'm not scared to death.

Will keep you posted