• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp wires.....etc

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I decided to purchase an amp already before I even hooked up my new wet sounds xs 650 speakers. I've installed a system in every vehicle that I've own so i am pretty familiar with doing installs. As of now, I'm looking at putting in a 6 channel amp to run the 4 new speakers ( getting extra channels for future installs). I will be installing the amp in the helm storage area and running the wires back to the battery area across the fuel tank. Let me know if I'm missing anything for this amp install. 2017 ar240.
1) Cutting board amp mount
2) 20' tinned 4ga power and ground wires x2
3) 6' blue remote wire
4) 6' rca cables x2
5) 100' roll 14ga speaker wire
6) Wet Sounds big block combo
7) fuse holder near battery. 200amp. fuse?
8) heat shrink
9) heat shrink fork terminals
10) stainless mounting screws

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Patients
Flashlight
Wire Feeder
depending on what the Amp pulls, (or amps in the future) 200 amps may be too big for now.
miscellaneous installation accessories: Zip ties, Wire Loom (at least for the power wire) Clamps screws
Extra Battery (perhaps a battery tender or solar tender) (our boats don't charge well)

Bandaids (that fiberglass can be a killer)
Nice weather if you are planning to do it outside.

& Beer

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about something to feed wire. I used a coat hanger and a roll of fish tape

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
There's no reason to use a 200 amp fuse and plenty of reasons to not use a fuse value that high. The fuse at the supply end should not be any larger than the fuse at the amplifier end. The fuse at the amplifier end (in the amplifier or recommended by the amplifier) usually represents a value in case of a catastrophic failure but not near the normal current draw even at the highest usage level.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
-Not sure if the speakers come with connectors (most I've bought don't), so you'll need connectors to put on the end of the wires.
-6' RCAs sound long....but I don't know where in the helm you plan to mount.
-2 4ga terminal rings to connect to the batteries

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was thinking about something to feed wire. I used a coat hanger and a roll of fish tape
buy a long zip tie for heating cooling and cut off the end. Tape what you want to fish to that. Works great....