• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anchoring

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is my situation. This one place I go we pull up to the beach and set the front anchor into the sand. The problem is the current rips. So the current pushes the boat either right or left depending on the tide. I am unable to throw a line off the rear of the boat because the channel is too narrow. Any ideas on how to secure the boat in this type of situation ?

Can you put the bow on the beach? If you can it will hold you in position, although angled, with the anchor tight onto the beach. Just watch your tide and push/pull your boat as needed.

I could pull up onto the sand but the edge of the sand drops off ALOT. You go from 1 ft to 7 in 2 steps.

Could you throw the anchor off the rear and somehow weigh the rope down to keep it out of boat traffic (I am just thinking way out side the box)

Would a shore spike used in tandem with your anchor work?

I would beach her bow in (assuming you have a keel guard), then anchor the bow and the stern cleat to the beach with a line each, using your better anchor for the stern as it will likely be taking the most pull.

Anchor stern towards the beach with an anchor of your choice with 15' of chain and 15' of rope of the bow (depending the depth). Put the stern about 5' off the beach using a sand stage of your choice.

How wide is the channel you're wanting to anchor in?

Anchor a few feet off the beach, bow into the current. Tie a loose line to the stern, attached to a sand spike. When you're ready to load/off load, pull the stern line in to bring the stern closer to the beach. That way you're not fighting the current and outgoing tides won't leave you stranded on the beach.

We use to put the bow on the beach and run a line from the stern to the beach on the up current side to a tie down on the beach. This always worked for us. Its simple and easy.

We use to put the bow on the beach and run a line from the stern to the beach on the up current side to a tie down on the beach. This always worked for us. Its simple and easy.

That works in Florida... I have quite a bit of buffing work to do on my hull because of beaching bow in. It's too rocky in the Rockies.

Screw in anchor off the stern might be an option too.

I have a similar beach on a river with a decent current. I anchor with the boat parallel to the beach and touching on one side, bow and stern anchored to the beach. Cam.

Back