• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another clean out port jammed. HELP

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Here are the pics. Any idea how to get it unstuck?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did it still rotate from locked to unlock? It appears to be in the unlocked position. Did you take the screws off and pull the handle? Or did the handle pull off?

Get under the boat with dead blow hammer and a wooden dowel, the largest that will fit between the grates like a closet hanger, with flat ends long enough to reach the bottom of the plug and start tapping from the bottom. If the handle didn’t pull off, re attach and get someone to pull up on it while you help it from the bottom.

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I unscrewed the handle. If you look at the pics the plastic tab is stuck. The whole plug is crooked

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You got the plug in there wrong… just tap up on it with a wooden dowel it should come out, again, put the handle back on and have a friend pull up on it.

So just so I am clear, did you turn the handle to lock it and then you unlocked it but could then NOT remove the plug?

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You got the plug in there wrong… just tap up on it with a wooden dowel it should come out, again, put the handle back on and have a friend pull up on it.

So just so I am clear, did you turn the handle to lock it and then you unlocked it but could then NOT remove the plug?
The dealership that sold me the boat installed the plug. I saw the salesperson do it. He had a really hard time taking it out and putting it in.
I just checked it before I got in the water yesterday. Once I got home the plug was in that position. I couldn’t move it either to lock or unlock it.
I will give the wooden dowel thing a try.
thanks for your help

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I coat my plug seals in silicone faucet grease every few outings to prevent sticking.

DANCO 0.5 oz. Silicone Faucet Grease 88693 - The Home Depot

Plugs rotate smoothly and slide in and out of place with ease. I highly recommend picking up a tube. 1 tube will almost last an entire boating season.

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's the problem with spreading your request over multiple threads, I sent you a response in the OTHER thread, where you (and others) have to piece together what's going on.

I know it's frustrating to be in this position, but having answers and responses all over the place is just as confusing for those trying to help, as it is for the people looking for help.

There's more to add here, but see if my other advice gets you to the point of being able to get you squared away, or at least you can grab us another Pic after that to show your progress