• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Example to Start Carrying a Gun On My Boat

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone carrying narcotics illegally, would likely be as unnoticeable and undetectable as someone carrying a firearm illegally. You would have zero right to engage either, unless directly threatened by them. You couldn’t legally dispatch someone wearing a kilo of cocaine on their head like a hat, or someone with a rifle slung over their shoulder pointed at the ground. Even if you knew both were doing so illegally, killing someone who has shown zero interest in harming you or anyone else, would certainly land you in prison.
Apparently the sarcasm in my post did not come through strongly enough.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You all have a great evening, I'm done.

When people cannot see the fallacy of the title of this thread, much less the arguments herein, it's time for the sane among us to withdraw.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The facts-
1-No life Jacket
2-Lanyard not attached to wrist (jet ski continues to run with no riders)
3-Own girlfriend pushed him off boat to try to defuse situation
4-Person with 74 years of life experience and all that entails determines need to pull trigger on someone he went out of his way to save
5-No charges being pressed on 74 year old man even with girlfriend of deceased as witness

Opinion based on facts -
Clear to me the deceased was not making good choices at the time. What happened here feels like a justified reaction with no winner once those poor choices were made.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes. Depends on what your main goal is for what to carry. If you worried about people you probably want something smaller/higher capacity, bears your going to want a large caliber revolver. If it’s just black bears, bear spray/horn and good preventative measures for food storage are a great defense if you aren’t a firearms guy. Brown bears are significantly larger, and can be much more aggressive, I personally wouldn’t camp in brown bear territory without a bear gun.
WOW...I finally got my answer. And an informative one. Thank you sir.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your coming off pretty triggered here. You have no idea of his licenses or if he is breaking any laws. As far as I know, carrying in National Parks is legal as long as you abide by state laws. Further more, most conceal licenses are recognized by other states. For example FL concealed is a legal license to carry in over 20 states.
its 36 state for FL and I actually hold 2 license FL and GA when I did the trip, equating to 40 or so state.

I was in Yosemite in a rare state that doesnt honor my conceal carry. For those that want to travel to California "legally" lol

In terms of reciprocity , California does not honor any other states’ concealed carry permits. A U.S. citizen or legal resident at least 18 years old may carry a handgun anywhere within his or her place of residence, place of business or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the citizen or legal resident.

Under California law a concealed handgun can legally be transported with a motor vehicle without a permit only by carrying it: Unloaded Locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a separate locked container other than the utility or glove compartment If the vehicle does not have a trunk, it must be carried in a "locked container" separate from the utility or glove compartment.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I personally choose not to carry on my boat. Lots of other stuff to worry about on the boat and I prefer to be behind the boat on a board. I do however bring loving deterrents and protection. Exhibit of loving deterrents and protection in photos. They stand on the swim platform when anyone is is the water with keen eyes. They also behave well at lake bars/restaurants until someone comes in too hot. My son behaves pretty well too. In just the three months of this year so far he wrestled and podiumed in tournaments at 170 (cut like crazy to make weight),182,195, and 220 lb (guzzled water to make minimum allowed weight) weight classes. Some might prefer hot lead to these three.

C16148FB-BFFA-41B7-A84A-F1B1C2B2C3A5.jpegAD4AB1F4-6D52-41C3-A67C-EF3B341240E8.jpegBF345EC6-BB40-42F2-A825-707C284A6B8C.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You took it to a whole other level with the word allowed there, but he was pretty clear about who shouldn’t have a gun - someone that thinks their gun is the only way out of a dirty look or a total non event with some scary looking people.

There are a few bizzare comments on this thread that I would hope don’t actually represent how these people view and plan to handle deadly force outside of an internet thread. Maybe different levels of thought going into this.
I just woke up, and I'm headed to work, so I haven't read the other 2 pages of replies. I agree with everything you said, or at least don't find cause for objection.

My point in using the word "allowed" there was to respond to his statement. His comment of "the guy deserved to be shot" seems to indicate definite sarcasm and serious disagreement with some other comments, tied to further comments about people who are exactly the type who shouldn't have a gun. He said "in the first place", which clearly can be interchanged with "at all", in the context of his statement.

If one is to pass judgement on someone who hasn't seemingly broken any laws, I'm interested in what they think about ownership of such things. I said "allowed", because we all know that there are people who have guns that do not own them legally, yet the indication of his comments is directed towards the legal, law-abiding person, who likely went through all the proper processes to own a gun.

If the government officials in charge of permitting (allowing) gun ownership are making a mistake, as his post would indicate that he believes, then I'm left to wonder who he believes is legitimately able to own a gun. If it's only law enforcement, isn't that a problematic problem with his point of view? The very people charged with allowing citizens to legally own firearms cannot be trusted to do the job accurately, yet they're the only people to have access. See what I'm saying? I'm only wanting people to think about what the outcome is if they follow through with their thoughts, AND I also want to see/hear who they believe should be the bearer of said weapons.

All countries used to freely bear arms, and the control of them started somewhere. I'd like people to think through their opinions on this, on both sides. This isn't something to be settled with emotional knee-jerk reactions, and yet, like you pointed out, there's a few bizarre comments in this thread - I too would hope some don't actually represent these people and that it's just the keyboard warrior coming out.

There's some small thoughts here, and there seems to be a "my side must win, and pound you into the dust", without actually reading what people said, and expanding our thoughts to have a discussion. We, as a society, used to be able to hold contrary opinions and still be able to deal with each other. Nobody is challenging anyone to think through and opine and win over through ideas to "their side", and I'm only wanting people to think before shooting - both gun AND mouth. I'm guilty of it myself, lest anyone think I find myself blameless and pure. I try to shut up or at least think quite a bit before posting on hot topics like this, but I've been guilty of it, even on here, and I'd like to see this place remain friendly. This topic is clearly headed towards politics, and I'm not a fan of inviting it onto the forum here, but that's not my call to make. The best I can offer is to try to make people think about their posts, and I'm thankful to the admins for adding the ignore feature, as I see this going down that path. I've got enough issues to deal with in real life without arguing with the awesome friends hidden inside my computer. We can do that over a few drinks if/when we meet up on the water somewhere, and enjoy these discussions where they're far better fleshed out - face-to-face - and you can see how something is affecting the other person simply by the look on their face.

That's a lot to say "Thanks for the measured response". I get the feeling you're a great guy, and that we could have some great discussions over a beer or twelve, in person.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking of carrying a gun on a boat, does anyone here carry a weapon if they are camping in remote areas? I just bought a camper and plan on doing some camping in areas that don't always have other campers around. There are also bears to deal with. (the wife doesn't know this)
When I lived in NC, we went camping with a neighbor's family. He made sure to tell me where his weapon was when we were setting up camp, and I had no idea why he had it. Same thing, bears, and we WEREN'T that remote. Sure enough, someone didn't pack up some food tightly at a campsite not too far from us, and overnight, the bears tore their stuff up. I was wishing I had brought something to defend myself after that, instead of having to rely on my neighbor's gun.

I think you'd be foolish not to take something, but plenty of folks don't. I've never had to worry about it in WI, but each place and campsite can be different. You CAN get bear spray, but I don't know if you need special permits in your area. I think bear spray needs something in WI, but only in certain counties. Check on that if you go that route, just in case.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Speaking of carrying a gun on a boat, does anyone here carry a weapon if they are camping in remote areas? I just bought a camper and plan on doing some camping in areas that don't always have other campers around. There are also bears to deal with. (the wife doesn't know this)
ALWAYS! As long as they are permitted on the lands I will carry.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
When I lived in NC, we went camping with a neighbor's family. He made sure to tell me where his weapon was when we were setting up camp, and I had no idea why he had it. Same thing, bears, and we WEREN'T that remote. Sure enough, someone didn't pack up some food tightly at a campsite not too far from us, and overnight, the bears tore their stuff up. I was wishing I had brought something to defend myself after that, instead of having to rely on my neighbor's gun.

I think you'd be foolish not to take something, but plenty of folks don't. I've never had to worry about it in WI, but each place and campsite can be different. You CAN get bear spray, but I don't know if you need special permits in your area. I think bear spray needs something in WI, but only in certain counties. Check on that if you go that route, just in case.
Definitely some bizarre comments. Some suggested leaving him in the water, or knocking him back in the water etc. They know this could have easily led to the guy drowning, so I guess they have no problem with him dying, they are just offended by the method this couple chose. Pretty strange way to declare righteousness. It’s weird how people who are pro this or that, don’t feel like others should be forced to participate in their choice of freedoms, but people who are anti something or other, always take a totalitarian approach. “I don’t agree with it, so no one should be able to do it”….

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! That 911 call is pretty telling. Sounds like he had to do what he had to do. On the flip side, he could have tossed him overboard again and let him drown (didn't sound like he was capable of swimming for long). Results are the same.

I personally fully support his decision. One that he will live with and most likely haunt him for some time.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you drunk? Or just cannot construct a coherent sentence?
I had to read it a few times before I understood it. I think I got the general sentiment anyway.

I’ve got to state that no matter what a persons position is on this, I am very very very surprised that so many members here own hand gun and that many carry one with them seemingly everywhere, even boating.

I lived in the hood, deep Oakland and the tenderloin in San Francisco during law school. hairy shit almost every day, never saw any arguments end with a gun being pulled. Same thing when it comes to boating. If I had a lot of experiences that ended with a gun I would probably own and carry a gun as well, thankfully I don’t.

i live in the u.s. not Ukraine, that isif I lived in a country actively at war (on site not bombing another far away) I would be a huge open carry fully loaded ready to fire advocate.

the final perspective from me is that I think a lot of guns are works of art and mechanical marvels.

Last edited:

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where would you think you need a gun more, church or boating on a lake where a large percent of people are drinking?

What is the headline if the young man pushed the elderly man’s wife over and she drowns?The police, DA, and theyoung guys girlfriend apparently all felt like this was justified. The elderly man not only protected himself but his wife and possibly even the girlfriend.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you drunk? Or just cannot construct a coherent sentence?
Betik often has issues with sentence structure, but given that English wouldn't be his native language, people simply ask him to clarify things. Perhaps you might consider the same, rather than assume someone is drunk.

This seems to be something that has wound you up to the point that you are looking for the worst of intents from forum members. Some of these people might be the very person to save your day on the water. That thought has caused me to ignore a few threads around here, but I understand how I felt when I dove in too deep.

Cheers 🍺

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow! That 911 call is pretty telling. Sounds like he had to do what he had to do. On the flip side, he could have tossed him overboard again and let him drown (didn't sound like he was capable of swimming for long). Results are the same.

I personally fully support his decision. One that he will live with and most likely haunt him for some time.
A twenty something drunk and possibly high man attacking a 70 year old man, curious what the anti-gun zealots would have suggested the old man to do?

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
A twenty something drunk and possibly high man attacking a 70 year old man, curious what the anti-gun zealots would have suggested the old man to do?
Well the old guy should have just taken his beating, or let his family be killed of course. Then no one would have been offended. Remember the Kyle Rittenhouse prosecutor? “Sometimes you’ve just got to take a beating”. So the ani-gun political activists would rather you, and your innocent family be injured, or killed, than admit a firearm saved you.