• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Example to Start Carrying a Gun On My Boat

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just reading that and was going to post it. Interesting...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, I would not anticipate something like this happening to me after I just rescued someone.

I would have let him get back on his ski if he wanted but once he is back in the water I would not bring him back on board, just throw him a life vest and stick around to speak with water patrol.

I think about the couple who just wanted to enjoy some time on the water in their pontoon boat.Now they have to deal with this all because they stopped to help. No good deed goes unpunished.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Read that story this morning, def a crazy one and surely unique.

Once had a buddy bring a girl on my old boat, only to return to her ex-bf waiting for us at the slip. Was a bit creepy how he exactly found us. Situation eventually defused but was getting on the edge of drawing.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The sheriffs asked to pray for Morgan??!! Yeah, screw him.

Sounds like a tweaker. Will be interesting to see the toxicology report, if it ever gets reported.

No one made him take what ever he was “intoxicated“ on, he made the choice to get on the ski w/o a life jacket, made the choice to take whatever he ingested, he made the choice to attack the elderly couple that came to their rescue.

Glad to see the sheriffs will not be filing charges.

BTW, flare guns are quite lethal at close range. There was a story several years ago of an elderly couple attacked in their motorhome by a career criminal, the criminal killed the elderly man and when he came after the elderly woman she shit him in the guts with a flare gun….. I bet that hurt.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Read that story this morning, def a crazy one and surely unique.

Once had a buddy bring a girl on my old boat, only to return to her ex-bf waiting for us at the slip. Was a bit creepy how he exactly found us. Situation eventually defused but was getting on the edge of drawing.
I need more of this story!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm torn on this one. I find it hard to justify taking anyone's life out of fear alone. If there is no physical damage done, just a lot of yelling, killing someone over yelling or threatening is a step too far. I've read nothing about the guy striking anyone, or anything. Plus, if the GF is able to push the guy off the boat, how badass can he be? Resorting to deadly force seems insane in this situation - but again - there are few to no details about why they guy felt he had to kill this man, other than he feared for his life.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I'm torn on this one. I find it hard to justify taking anyone's life out of fear alone. If there is no physical damage done, just a lot of yelling, killing someone over yelling or threatening is a step too far. I've read nothing about the guy striking anyone, or anything. Plus, if the GF is able to push the guy off the boat, how badass can he be? Resorting to deadly force seems insane in this situation - but again - there are few to no details about why they guy felt he had to kill this man, other than he feared for his life.
he was in fear for the life of his wife would be endangered. I would be the same way if I felt my wife or child were in danger

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
he was in fear for the life of his wife would be endangered. I would be the same way if I felt my wife or child were in danger
Exactly. If the Sheriff found that there was cause for the elderly man to fear for his life and use lethal force then its all good. One should not have to wait for grave injury to be attained before deploying lethal force.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Exactly. If the Sheriff found that there was cause for the elderly man to fear for his life and use lethal force then its all good. One should not have to wait for grave injury to be attained before deploying lethal force.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying he wasn't legally within his rights.....just not the culture I was raised in.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I need more of this story!
More detail than I care to go into, also don't remember too much it was 5 years ago.. Basically big army guy was ready to hit her, attack my friends and got in my wife's face violently... all of this while I was retrieving the truck. It got diffused pretty quickly once people started gathering around.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying he wasn't legally within his rights.....just not the culture I was raised in.
Without being there it is hard to tell. Violence does not need to occur for you to feel your life is in danger. Plenty of stories of single punches killing someone. If the situation is escalating quickly and you feel for your life or your wife's what would you do? My wife just watched a video where police officers had guns drawn but didn't want to shoot, they kept trying to difuse - eventually one of the cops was stabbed multiple times. It could have been avoided if they shot the lady first. It's a tough decision to pull a trigger but if you are truly in fear of someones life, it shouldn't be.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
People are enormous pussies. He clearly can’t get his own ass out of the water, girlfriend pushed him back in, but old man was so scared he had to shoot to kill. C’mon.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Without being there it is hard to tell. Violence does not need to occur for you to feel your life is in danger. Plenty of stories of single punches killing someone. If the situation is escalating quickly and you feel for your life or your wife's what would you do? My wife just watched a video where police officers had guns drawn but didn't want to shoot, they kept trying to difuse - eventually one of the cops was stabbed multiple times. It could have been avoided if they shot the lady first. It's a tough decision to pull a trigger but if you are truly in fear of someones life, it shouldn't be.

Well that chick won’t stab or threaten anybody again. Good riddance.

I love [sic] how the “civil liberties” lawyer puts the blame on the cops. Typical. Totally ignoring the fact the chick was moving in to stab the cops, again. And how a bean bag didn’t take her down, typical of someone very high on either amphetamines or opiates reacts to getting hit with a non lethal projectile. How about this, when the cop draws his weapon because you have a knife and tells you to put the knife down or he will shoot you, you comply and you do not get shot.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
People are enormous pussies. He clearly can’t get his own ass out of the water, girlfriend pushed him back in, but old man was so scared he had to shoot to kill. C’mon.
Hard to tell when you’re not there.

And as I’ve pointed out in another post the media lies through omission a lot and or cherry picks what it tells you to form a narrative. I just about guarantee you we don’t know the rest of the story.

For me, the fact the sheriff did not press charges let’s me know the actions were justified. I doubt the elderly man wanted to shoot anyone.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hard to tell when you’re not there.

And as I’ve pointed out in another post the media lies through omission a lot and or cherry picks what it tells you to form a narrative. I just about guarantee you we don’t know the rest of the story.

For me, the fact the sheriff did not press charges let’s me know the actions were justified. I doubt the elderly man wanted to shoot anyone.
Ya I’m sure there is more to it and I’m sure the guy was legitimately scared, but I’d bet a lot that the 74 year old wishes he had that one back, even if he escaped legal problems.
Unarmed/just almost drowned vs armed is tough.
Dont police have discretion to just dismiss things themselves when it’s a very clear cut self defense without going through the attorneys office?
Edit: I read elsewhere from the article posted that they had a conference with the local DA to determine if charges were warranted. To me that makes it seem like the sherrifs weren’t so sure, although I don’t know local laws there.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ya I’m sure there is more to it and I’m sure the guy was legitimately scared, but I’d bet a lot that the 74 year old wishes he had that one back, even if he escaped legal problems.
Unarmed/just almost drowned vs armed is tough.
Dont police have discretion to just dismiss things themselves when it’s a very clear cut self defense without going through the attorneys office?
Edit: I read elsewhere from the article posted that they had a conference with the local DA to determine if charges were warranted. To me that makes it seem like the sherrifs weren’t so sure, although I don’t know local laws there.
Perhaps the meeting with the DA was to make sure that everything was done by the book so to speak?

I’m sure the old guy wishes it didn’t happen, any sane empathetic human being would feel that way. I’m sure he is Monday morning quarterbacking himself…. Again, who knows what was said and or done by the perp.

Thanks for investigating further and posting about the conf with the DA.