• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Example to Start Carrying a Gun On My Boat

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New England lol
Too funny!

My friend Max lives in NE and he is part of his church‘s security detail.. has a cc. Max says that it is a really nice place to live with low crime… had to ask!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m not sure where the idea that police are better trained than citizens comes from. A good friend of mine is a retired police officer, and he says most of them just shoot the required 60 round annual certification test. Everyone I know who is a firearms owner trains at least 10 times that much in a year.

Do NOT take this as "anti-police", but it really does annoy me when people view cops as experts in firearms and firearm usage. The annual cert is most definitely the extent of most cops' "firearm training", and it's a very vanilla course of fire. I honestly wish law enforcement was required to participate in shooting competitions, whether IDPA, or USPSA, or 3Gun, or something down those lines. It's very difficult (impossible?) to safely replicate the stressful atmosphere of a life threatening situation, and most people end up using a "point and shoot" method instead of lining up the sights when shooting under duress. Some of my family and best friends are law enforcement, and I shoot competition with a few law enforcement guys, but the vast majority lack the amount of training to respond with proficiency should their sidearm be required.

You have rich friends if they are shooting 600 rounds minimum a year lol.
I wish 600 rounds covered what I end up shooting yearly, but maybe that's WHY I'm not rich...lol Before we had our twins, I was shooting several thousand (2-3) rounds a year. Multiple competitions every month, plus at least one professional training course a year, which was usually about 500 rounds in two days. Reloading was the only way I could afford it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
^^ Stop shooting and upgrade to a 252 with the money saved lol

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live within earshot of my city’s outdoor police range and someone is shooting one hell of a lot more than 60 rounds each out there and it’s not just pistols.
One of my pandemic discoveries while working from home. Hard to ignore some days.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live within earshot of my city’s outdoor police range and someone is shooting one hell of a lot more than 60 rounds each out there and it’s not just pistols.
One of my pandemic discoveries while working from home. Hard to ignore some days.
Obviously can't speak for your specific situation, but I know at least some PD ranges will let current and former officers rent their ranges for classes, such as CCW classes, or more advanced training classes. Couple of the ones I went to were at police ranges. And, I'm sure it can get annoying at times. Especially with rifle training. Now, this isn't to say your local law enforcement agencies don't push for extra training. I hope that is the case. But my understanding is the national minimum requirement is something like 60 rounds, and is all the vast majority of departments care about.