• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Example to Start Carrying a Gun On My Boat

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well the old guy should have just taken his beating, or let his family be killed of course. Then no one would have been offended. Remember the Kyle Rittenhouse prosecutor? “Sometimes you’ve just got to take a beating”. So the ani-gun political activists would rather you, and your innocent family be injured, or killed, than admit a firearm saved you.
Holy shit, can't believe we are equating the Rittenhouse case with this!

I don't own a gun, don't plan to, and I strongly think our country has a gun problem, but I also can completely sympathize with what happened with this older gentleman boater. But maaaaan. To bring up Rittenhouse? That is such a different set of circumstances.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Betik often has issues with sentence structure, but given that English wouldn't be his native language, people simply ask him to clarify things. Perhaps you might consider the same, rather than assume someone is drunk.

This seems to be something that has wound you up to the point that you are looking for the worst of intents from forum members. Some of these people might be the very person to save your day on the water. That thought has caused me to ignore a few threads around here, but I understand how I felt when I dove in too deep.

Cheers 🍺
Common "misconception" that people who don't handle English perfectly are somehow "less than"... when in fact, they are capable of speaking more than one language. Folks will usually get belittled and attacked. What would Alanis Morrissette say about it?

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well the old guy should have just taken his beating, or let his family be killed of course. Then no one would have been offended. Remember the Kyle Rittenhouse prosecutor? “Sometimes you’ve just got to take a beating”. So the ani-gun political activists would rather you, and your innocent family be injured, or killed, than admit a firearm saved you.
I'd like to try and dispel some misconceptions some of you may have about "them". I am a 57 year old former Marine. I was on rifle and pistol teams, and loved every minute of it. I have extensive self-defense training, including a black belt. I am a gun control advocate, and apparently a snowflake based on a number of comments in this and other threads about "them". In spite of my political leanings and my snowflake status, I have more than once backed down bullies bothering me, family, friends, or strangers, using my brains and my words. I think that non-violent outcomes are almost always possible, and guns almost always make a situation worse.

And yet, despite all that, many people like me can still see clearly that this one ended the right way, with the 70 year old and his wife alive and on their boat, and one douche bag dead in the water. Still doesn't make me want us all carrying while we're shopping at Walmart. And I never think things like "i'm glad that old man and his wife just took their beating."

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Common "misconception" that people who don't handle English perfectly are somehow "less than"... when in fact, they are capable of speaking more than one language. Folks will usually get belittled and attacked. What would Alanis Morrissette say about it?
Agreed. Trying to make someone feel bad about not perfectly articulating a 2nd or 3rd language is pretty rude.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed. Trying to make someone feel bad about not perfectly articulating a 2nd or 3rd language is pretty rude.
I'll say that it sometimes makes for some hilarious conversations when you butcher some words or phrases 😂

You learn pretty quickly, and hopefully you'll be taught by friends or people who are understanding, and remember what it was like to be in the same situation.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Speaking one language is expected. Two is pretty cool. More than two is god mode.
I've been bilingual since I was a kid, and I still fuck up even my primary language (spanish)

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I'd like to try and dispel some misconceptions some of you may have about "them". I am a 57 year old former Marine. I was on rifle and pistol teams, and loved every minute of it. I have extensive self-defense training, including a black belt. I am a gun control advocate, and apparently a snowflake based on a number of comments in this and other threads about "them". In spite of my political leanings and my snowflake status, I have more than once backed down bullies bothering me, family, friends, or strangers, using my brains and my words. I think that non-violent outcomes are almost always possible, and guns almost always make a situation worse.

And yet, despite all that, many people like me can still see clearly that this one ended the right way, with the 70 year old and his wife alive and on their boat, and one douche bag dead in the water. Still doesn't make me want us all carrying while we're shopping at Walmart. And I never think things like "i'm glad that old man and his wife just took their beating."
I agree with you, avoidance and verbal d-escalation are always best, but that doesn't negate the necessity to be prepared for those instances where those tactics don't work. IMHO one should be versed in armed and unarmed self-defense.. I am a martial arts instructor, I hold a 4th degree black belt in two Tae Kwon Do Associations and have an International Master Instructor license. In addition, I am an advanced rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. God willing I will never be in a situation to have to use a fire arm, but baring no other choice I won't hesitate. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with you, avoidance and verbal d-escalation are always best, but that doesn't negate the necessity to be prepared for those instances where those tactics don't work. IMHO one should be versed in armed and unarmed self-defense.. I am a martial arts instructor, I hold a 4th degree black belt in two Tae Kwon Do Associations and have an International Master Instructor license. In addition, I am an advanced rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. God willing I will never be in a situation to have to use a fire arm, but baring no other choice I won't hesitate. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
That's pretty impressive training you have there. But then since we are talking about guns, my mind went here right away

But seriously, very cool. Have you been at it since you were a kid? Seems like a big time investment.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Holy shit, can't believe we are equating the Rittenhouse case with this!

I don't own a gun, don't plan to, and I strongly think our country has a gun problem, but I also can completely sympathize with what happened with this older gentleman boater. But maaaaan. To bring up Rittenhouse? That is such a different set of circumstances.
Really? Rittenhouse was attacked just like this old guy. Really not that much different. He was only charged to keep protesters happy. Moral of both stories - don't attack people and you won't get shot.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
That's pretty impressive training you have there. But then since we are talking about guns, my mind went here right away

But seriously, very cool. Have you been at it since you were a kid? Seems like a big time investment.
Thank you. No actually I didn't begin Tae Kwon Do until I was 36 (1998). Didn't start Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu until a couple of weeks shy of turning 49 (2010). I am 60 today and still train and or teach on average 4 days a week and have done so so since the beginning.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All countries used to freely bear arms, and the control of them started somewhere. I'd like people to think through their opinions on this, on both sides. This isn't something to be settled with emotional knee-jerk reactions, and yet, like you pointed out, there's a few bizarre comments in this thread - I too would hope some don't actually represent these people and that it's just the keyboard warrior coming out.
Without steering to far into politics, there is a reason the gun crowd is so defensive - the right to possess is a constitutional right, yet it gets eroded at every opportunity (unlike literally every other one of them). There is no such thing as a compromise or a reasonable conversation to have anymore - every time 'control' is brought up, we have to give up our rights. To my pretty limited knowledge, no other country has said that carrying arms was a god-given right that the government shall not infringe on - it was just a free for all that eventually got reigned in, to the detriment of freedom. That's why we did it differently, and why so many of us refuse to concede more.

Definitely a conversation better suited to beers (sans guns, LOL).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Without steering to far into politics, there is a reason the gun crowd is so defensive - the right to possess is a constitutional right, yet it gets eroded at every opportunity (unlike literally every other one of them). There is no such thing as a compromise or a reasonable conversation to have anymore - every time 'control' is brought up, we have to give up our rights. To my pretty limited knowledge, no other country has said that carrying arms was a god-given right that the government shall not infringe on - it was just a free for all that eventually got reigned in, to the detriment of freedom. That's why we did it differently, and why so many of us refuse to concede more.

Definitely a conversation better suited to beers (sans guns, LOL).
This right also acts as a second military. Several countries have flat out said they would not invade the US because you have to face not only the military but a very well-armed population.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking one language is expected. Two is pretty cool. More than two is god mode.
I've been bilingual since I was a kid, and I still fuck up even my primary language (spanish)
Have you seen that reporter that does like 7 languages as he switches news casting from one country to another from the same remote location......Found him.....WOW

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This right also acts as a second military. Several countries have flat out said they would not invade the US because you have to face not only the military but a very well-armed population.
When the Japanese Generals wanted to press on to the west coast of the US after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Admiral Yamato said “there is a rifle behind every blade of grass and the Americans know how to shoot, our boots will never touch dry land before we are cut down” or something close to that. The CMP was started in the early 1900’s to promote the militia being able to come to bear if needed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Do we have a dedicated firearm thread on this forum? This forum works as a jack of all trades for my questions lol lol

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Do we have a dedicated firearm thread on this forum? This forum works as a jack of all trades for my questions lol lol
We don’t need one. About every other post or so, we debate the merits and lack there of, of owning a firearm, drilling for oil, how free healthcare is great and or miserable, should biological men be allowed to beat the crap out of women in sports etc. No one’s mind is ever changed, but it sure is fun.

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting...

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bet the dope he had, had something laced on it....