• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Nasty boat? Not with Rejex!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, so I've been dreading the fact my boat has been sitting in the water since early April. Even though I spent a week detailing every inch, and applied Rejex to the hull for the first time. I've been very impressed with Rejex so far on the upper hull, and my truck. Ok, before I get ahead of myself..

We usually pull the boat out 3 or 4 times a season to gas it up, clean the hull, and a good thorough cleaning. Those cookie, cracker, and chip crumbs can sink a boat over time! Well the lake has dropped a couple of feet (thank you Army Corps of Engineers), so I pulled her out this morning. I wanted to use my new boat brush at the ramp to knock all the heavy growth off, but my boys were having none of it, so ten minutes after leaving the water she was home and in the driveway. 15 minutes later one side had been sprayed down with Atwood Biodegradable Hull Cleaner. While it sat for the few minutes suggested, I got the pressure washer ready. After I had pressure washed an area, my wife came behind and used the brush to make sure we had gotten as much as possible. Then Rinse repeat the other half of the hull and the aft swim fleck area was last.

Before
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll post the after pics in a few minutes. My Hurricanes are playing and my phone with the after pics is upstairs....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your bunks did a nice job of cleaning too!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy crap @cane.mba. That before pic was so nasty I cleaned my computer screen twice thinking it was me. Nice job on the clean up.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After pics! Had to wait for the 1st Quarter to end...

image.jpg

image.jpg

So total cleanup was about 30 minutes. I have to say the Rejex was the key to such an easy cleanup. I still have a few spots that were missed with the pressure washer, but dang, I love REJEX!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After I had pressure washed an area, my wife came behind and used the brush to make sure we had gotten as much as possible.
I was reading up until I read how your wife pitched in. I got angry realizing that I don't get that kind of help. Anyway, the boat clean up came out great.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It wasn't as easy as an Airdock, (I will have one someday!) but I think the Hull Cleaner was overkill. I honestly think the pressure washer or the brush may have been enough. As you can see the bunks knocked everything right off. I also used Rejex on the windshield and spray on sun screen lotion was no match. Wiped right off, didn't streak or smear.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!
I have some rejex I plan on I using on the front of my camper, I've always heard good things about it camper/RV wise!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am a believer! Just make sure it has 24 hours to cure without getting wet.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After pics! Had to wait for the 1st Quarter to end...

View attachment 12118

View attachment 12119

So total cleanup was about 30 minutes. I have to say the Rejex was the key to such an easy cleanup. I still have a few spots that were missed with the pressure washer, but dang, I love REJEX!

Man, I have to add a keel guard to the winter project list!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a believer! Just make sure it has 24 hours to cure without getting wet.
Yeah, that's why I haven't done it yet, hard to find a time out of the sun and won't get wet for that long. Does wet from overnight dew count as getting wet?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My truck is still looking good nearly one year after the rejex treatment. It sits outside 24/7 too. Bugs wipe off. All is good. I have it on the boat but don't leave it in the water. It's good stuff. It won't fix surface imperfections, so you'll need to polish for that, but it's a great protectant!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, that's why I haven't done it yet, hard to find a time out of the sun and won't get wet for that long. Does wet from overnight dew count as getting wet?
I did mine early in the morning, and it sat out in the sun all day so I didn't see any issues overnight. However, I'd hate to say that and then you have problems based on my experience. I would email the company and ask the experts to be safe.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rejex huh? Let me search that out.. Looks good.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another great product that these guys have led me to try. It is all I use on my cars.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cane.mba .. What kind of growth was on your hull? Slime, stain, lettuce....You've seen what we have to deal with up here...we have tried most everything.. Except Rejex.... I am convinced to try it after this write up. Tell me something .. How much use do you get from a pint? I want to try it out prior to a huge purchase.
Thanks.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Lspeedss sorry for the delay in responding. Most of the growth I had to deal with was brown/red slime, some spider looking algae, but the worst that we get is a hard yellow growth. In the past I thought I was going to have to use sand paper or a magic eraser to get it off.

I bought the 16oz bottle, which covered my hull up to the top of the freeboard. I didn't use it on any top surface where a hand or foot might touch. Only because I didn't want a wet hand or foot slipping on the surface and causing a fall. I also coated my tower, and windshield.

Then a few weeks later, I coated my truck with it as well. Including the side mirrors, nerf bars, bull bar, headlights/tail lights, windows, wheels, pretty much every external surface except the tires, and inside of the truck bed.

I would guess I still have 1/3 or 1/4 of a bottle left. This stuff goes on very, very thin. I put it on a little thick at first, and realized it was like concrete to if off.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cane.mba ..thanks for the response.. Good to hear..

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My son and I did the deed today. Only thing I had on hand was "The Works" bowl cleaner. Diluted it by 1/2 and it worked great? My first mate (14 yrs. old) was a great help! Just reminds me I gotta pay him. lol