• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Another SeaDek Install

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have posted the removal pics in other threads, but figured since the SeaDek came in and i got it installed, i would re-post everything here... I just did the swim platform and the anchor locker. I still have carpet in the boat. It is still good, so i will get some more life out of it before doing the boatswim platform1.jpg swim platform2.jpg swim platform3.jpg swim platform4.jpg SeaDek1.jpg SeaDek2.jpg SeaDek3.jpg

Sneaky, turning all the chemical labels around so we can't see them! ;)

Is that regular Goo-Gone?

Sneaky, turning all the chemical labels around so we can't see them! ;)

Is that regular Goo-Gone?

Yes...

I have to say, based on other's feedback, i was expecting removal to be much worse... It wasn't as bad as i thought...

That's good to know. I still have to install mine, but I'm waiting until I get most of the work done on the boat first so I'm not laying tools on it, tracking in and out of it, etc. I remember some saying that they used pressure washers and such to get some of the hydroturf off of it, but it looks like you had a pretty clean removal and install without it.

Looks great! Everything looks lined up perfectly! Good job. Now that you are there its time to get rid of all those beautiful warning stickers.

Makes the boat look like new again! I love mine.

Nice job, makes a big difference in the look of the boat, huh?

I went with a gray also after ditching the old black Hydro-Turf. I'm hoping it's easier on the tootsies on those blistering hot days! :eek:

Hey @jlcj7 NICE JOB, Son .... Really nice.
With your super photos, I am see this inspiring others to make this significant improvement on their boats as well.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

@jlcj7 looks great! Now remove those warning stickers!

What's interesting is that MAYBE, 'jes maybe, Yamaha realized how ANNOYING and UNAPPEALING those warning stickers look, and the QUANTITY of them.
And so on 2015 24-footers, at least, they have placed FAR FEWER warning stickers. Gotta applaud them on this.

Very nice. I love the color.

Looks Good!:winkingthumbsup"

I am completely jealous. That will be my next major upgrade, I think. Beautiful job there!

Nice job @jlcj7 thank you for your business!

That looks really nice! Makes me want to do a full kit in my 2011 SX210! Only lingering concern is how much work to get back out of the floor of the boat if it starts to fall apart in a couple of years....

@OrangeTJ SeaDek reports routinely seeing 7 plus years life out of this stuff if kept covered. Also we have developed a steam removal tool that speeds up the removal process and eliminates the need for chemicals.

What is the color and style?

Back