• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any home theater people here?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know nothing about them but looking to replace my projector with something newer/better.

company I had come out recommend a “good option for $2400

Or better option for $5000

I am not a crazy video/movie watcher but for anyone who knows something is the better option really worth it (for the average person like me)? Like is picture 2X better (like the price is).

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taking a quick look at them, the key difference between the two is that the more expensive one uses a laser as a light source and the other a traditional bulb. I don’t know if you’ll see/appreciate any difference, it may be more likely base on your situation (room darkness, seating distance, source). Your source material is most important factor. If you are using Blu-ray, or the like, you may benefit from a better device, if you are streaming over the internet, you probably won’t.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. It is in a dark (no window) room and most of what is watched is over the internet. Not sure if it is any good but the cheaper one has 3D. Maybe it isn’t good but kids may like it so may just try that one and save some money all things considered.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a Viewsonic “true” 4k UHD that isn’t really a true 4k according to the experts. I bought 4-5 years ago when 4k projectors weren’t common. I’ve been happy with it and everyone that’s seen it has been impressed.

At my last house I had it built in with a decent surround sound system. Now im running it with a fire stick with echo studio speakers/sub. It’s 100% wireless other then power to the projector which has worked well.

Epson and benq now have similar projectors to the Viewsonic that may be a better option in the same 1500 dollar price range. I think I paid $900 for an Amazon return.