• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

SCH91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea man I feel your pain . Yamaha sucks at the way they do things with the confirmed list that don’t mean confirmed at all . Trust me I called corporate to try to fight that battle and they don’t care at all that they have families out here investing in there products and there way of Purchasing . They use the dealers as beating post when they fall short of there production goals and its guys like me and you that pay big time . So your dealer won’t price lock you in .? Cuz to me being first on the list is doing nothing for you since you where last on the list as it was . What area do you live in .
I don’t think they’re willing to price lock. I’m gonna ask though. I’m in North Carolina

Sebrown1014

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don’t think they’re willing to price lock. I’m gonna ask though. I’m in North Carolina
I had my 2021 order cancelled last year and pushed to 2022 and they did not price lock. Yamaha offered a $1,000 discount to my order for the next boat. I actually changed boats from a AR190 to AR195, so it did not matter which boat I had ordered.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can definitely try since you where supposed to get it already. It’s the least they can do for your inconvenience. Yamaha was the one who told me the dealer can price lock you in if the want . Worth the shot. Say you called Yamaha and they said that the dealer should be able to price lock you in .

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had my 2021 order cancelled last year and pushed to 2022 and they did not price lock. Yamaha offered a $1,000 discount to my order for the next boat. I actually changed boats from a AR190 to AR195, so it did not matter which boat I had ordered.
So surprised Yamaha actually did anything for you . I talked to everyone in corporate and they said we ain’t gonna do anything for you . But a lot more unprofessional and immature then that .my dealer has been great about it all and willing to pay msrp at another dealer just to make me happy . Especially cuz they never canceled me just sent a different boat .

Sebrown1014

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So surprised Yamaha actually did anything for you . I talked to everyone in corporate and they said we ain’t gonna do anything for you . But a lot more unprofessional and immature then that .my dealer has been great about it all and willing to pay msrp at another dealer just to make me happy . Especially cuz they never canceled me just sent a different boat .

Yes, I never talked with cooperate, this was all through the dealer, so maybe they just did that and not Yamaha. I was hoping for more, but I was happy to just get the boat in November 2021 after waiting for so long. I feel bad for all of those whose orders were cancelled, because I know what that is like. And it will suck if they announce another 8-10% increase in the price.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just remember to lubricate your steering cables on an almost every trip basis. I waited 6 months to get my 2022 then after 26 hours the cable went bad. Then waited another 2.5 months to get a replacement from the manufacture, even though I did all the required maintenance as the owners manual said. Hate to see everyone wait this long for a new boat to have it go back to the dealer right away. Stay positive, the wait is worth it when it arrives!
No joke! Rubber glove up and marine grade lube the steering cables and throttle cables. Work that steering back and forth as well as the throttles.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I never talked with cooperate, this was all through the dealer, so maybe they just did that and not Yamaha. I was hoping for more, but I was happy to just get the boat in November 2021 after waiting for so long. I feel bad for all of those whose orders were cancelled, because I know what that is like. And it will suck if they announce another 8-10% increase in the price.
Oh yea then definitely was the dealer . Yamaha just pushes everything to the dealer . Definitely will be a price and interest increase. That’s why I made sure I was gonna pay what I already was quoted just based off the whole summer I wasted waiting for something Yamaha knew they couldn’t produce. But hey I’d be happy if I get it November. It will give me plenty of time to get it ready and soon as the weather breaks I don’t have to worry if it’s coming. My dealer did say they will red flag it as priority. So I hope to have it in my driveway all winter then wait to close to summer. I’m even considering going to the sx210 since he said he would price match me that one as well .

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer just called and said our boat shipped today. Ordered 8/17/22, canceled and substituted 6/30/22, was supposed to ship that day but has been MIA. May be here tomorrow or Tuesday. 🤞🚤

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice what did they substitute it with .? The same model?

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had to move from AR190 to a AR195. More costly of course but in the long run I think we will like it better.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the call a few minutes ago... Our 2022 212S has been canceled!

We were presented with a few choices in moving forward.

Choice #1: Hop on the 2023 list and expect a price increase that's "anticipated" to be in the range of 10% to 12%.
Choice #2: Snag the AR250 that has been confirmed to be onsite in a week or two.
Choice #3: Snag the 195S that's also bene confirmed to be onsite in a week or two.

Seriously leaning towards Choice #2 as we've already picked up a few accessories that will still work on the AR250 but not on the 195S. Don't like giving up some of the "S" features but, it is what it is.

The wife and I are going to pour over all of the angles this evening and let the dealer know in the morning.

Any advise, suggestions, or words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

...at the end of the day, the 250 would make the trip to Bimini a bit better than the 212. So, there's that.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea but at least you got something close to what you wanted . Mine wasn’t even canceled they just sent the totally wrong boat . I ordered an sx190 in August 2021, had to switch to color in December cuz they couldn’t make my color . Then it was due in July then when it was ready to ship it was the 195 fsh. Like ok what happened it was confirmed. So now after I had a funeral for my summer. In thinking about getting the ax210. So things happen for a reason. Someone just told me on this site that buy your 2nd boat first , that way you don’t have to loose on a trade in in a few years .

Choice #1: Hop on the 2023 list and expect a price increase that's "anticipated" to be in the range of 10% to 12%.
Choice #2: Snag the AR250 that has been confirmed to be onsite in a week or two.
Choice #3: Snag the 195S that's also bene confirmed to be onsite in a week or two.

Seriously leaning towards Choice #2 as we've already picked up a few accessories that will still work on the AR250 but not on the 195S. Don't like giving up some of the "S" features but, it is what it is.

The wife and I are going to pour over all of the angles this evening and let the dealer know in the morning.

...at the end of the day, the 250 would make the trip to Bimini a bit better than the 212. So, there's that.
I’d also go with the ar210. As long as you are ok with the smaller motors then that’s really the biggest difference. Now what you need to look at is it worth waiting for ? Like not sure if your weather conditions. So if you live in a state that gets nice weather all year round and you want to start enjoying boating then get what’s there and make it your own. If you are like me and nice weather is almost over and you do t mind wait and paying 10% more the wait for what you want. If it where me I would t chance waiting another second, as Yamaha is this backed up since last year who knows what els they run out of or can’t get . Like motors . Especially your motor .

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Take the AR250. If I had to choose again I would go with that over the 21' model. It will handle the big water better, the Head area is great as well. You can mod it out how you wish.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take the AR250. If I had to choose again I would go with that over the 21' model. It will handle the big water better, the Head area is great as well. You can mod it out how you wish.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be the AR250. Out of the two that are coming, that one is a better fit for us. It's a color we like, the 195 is not, more room is better than less, already have accessories for it that won't work on the 195, wouldn't feel comfortable doing the Bimini crossing in the 195.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be the AR250. Out of the two that are coming, that one is a better fit for us. It's a color we like, the 195 is not, more room is better than less, already have accessories for it that won't work on the 195, wouldn't feel comfortable doing the Bimini crossing in the 195.
rry last post I compared it to the ar210. But definitely if you can do the bigger boat then hey once and done. Nothing is promised tomorrow.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So

rry last post I compared it to the ar210. But definitely if you can do the bigger boat then hey once and done. Nothing is promised tomorrow.
Yeah, that tripped me up too. 1.8L N/A through the entire 250 & 252 run. The 255 with the twin superchargers would be fun but, that's way out of my range and I'd never be able to talk the wife in to any of their colors.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My friends 2022 255XD has arrived at the dealer and is being prepped.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems like the feature "downgrade" from a 212S to an AR250 is not so much compared to going from a 252SE/SD to an AR250.

From what I can tell, the major features you'd be missing going from 212S to AR250 would be some Marine Mat and a speaker upgrade. The upholstery on the AR250 is nice, and the flooring can be replaced easily from Jet Boat Pilot. The 25' boats also have the benefit of a huge port side head/storage area with a person-sized door, which I didn't think was a big deal until I started filling the boat with life jackets, towels, backpacks, etc.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A dealer posted at least 3 boats available on the Yamahajetboaters facebook group. I think they are in Michigan.