• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know what these markings are?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
During my cupholder sealing fun last week, I spotted these markings on the hull behind the rear storage compartment. Clearly some time markings, but anyone know anything about them?

This was behind the port rear storage compartment and underneath the swim platform........Also pretty clear the dealer either lied or didn't know when I was told it was 100% wood free construction, but that's another story.
IMG_20190721_135621.jpg

Found this one under the rear cupholder on the starboard side rear uppper platform. That is clearly a label maker style sticker there with some alpha-numeric code. Anyone know what that is or what it means?!?!
IMG_20190602_151726.jpg

F3AV2135 <--gotta mean something right?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amazing shots of parts of our boats that I’ve never put my own eyes on.

I am pretty sure your first picture is the final assembly line inspector waiting on a worker to do the final vacuuming and cleanout of the boat before it leaves the assembly line. Since most Yamaha jetboat owners including myself, report finding metal shavings, screws, goops of silicon, fiberglass etc. after delivery, I suspect the markings in the 1st picture mean:
-at 12:35pm the clean-up worker did not show up to vacuum out the hull
-inspector waited 40 minutes
-at 1:15pm the clean-up guy had not still arrived, so the inspector called the boat build completed and it left the assembly line for your dealers showroom floor.

Can you confirm that you found clamps, shavings, fiberglass remnants, silicon blobs or other manufacturing scraps when you did you recent exploration? If so, this mystery is solved ... the final clean-up guy did not arrive before the boat left the assembly line ;-)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazing shots of parts of our boats that I’ve never put my own eyes on.

I am pretty sure your first picture is the final assembly line inspector waiting on a worker to do the final vacuuming and cleanout of the boat before it leaves the assembly line. Since most Yamaha jetboat owners including myself, report finding metal shavings, screws, goops of silicon, fiberglass etc. after delivery, I suspect the markings in the 1st picture mean:
-at 12:35pm the clean-up worker did not show up to vacuum out the hull
-inspector waited 40 minutes
-at 1:15pm the clean-up guy had not still arrived, so the inspector called the boat build completed and it left the assembly line for your dealers showroom floor.

Can you confirm that you found clamps, shavings, fiberglass remnants, silicon blobs or other manufacturing scraps when you did you recent exploration? If so, this mystery is solved ... the final clean-up guy did not arrive before the boat left the assembly line ;-)
No idea on the inspection or cleanup guy (although I can say it sounds VERY plausible).

Here's a quick shot of the bilge with obvious "debris" around the speed sensor.
bilgedebris.jpg

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember when installing my speakers in the cabin I ran across something similar. Does the part number match up with your hull ID ?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember when installing my speakers in the cabin I ran across something similar. Does the part number match up with your hull ID ?
Hadn't considered that. I'll check tonight.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did some Yamaha spelunking tonight.

Pulled off this bulkhead in the aft of the rear starboard storage area. It's remarkably easy. 3 lag screws hold it in place, and a single screw holds a zip tie that restrains those wires and the flush hose.
IMG_20190730_193038.jpg

Was rewarded with this view:
IMG_20190730_191906.jpg

I'm 6'2" tall and run about 215lbs. I was easily able to fit into the storage area and scoot back in my belly for the following shots. I could somewhat easily reach both the bolts for the transom tie down loops and the rear cleats. There is a surprising amount of space back here.
IMG_20190730_192152.jpg

IMG_20190730_192251.jpg

I'm unsure how to use this space and the easy access to it. Perhaps a molded compartment extension? Perhaps just easy access for maintenance? I'm curious what others think as well.

Here is the view forward while I was half way back out. This shows just how truly cavernous these rear storage areas At one point I was 100% in the compartment and could have had the seat out back and been reasonably comfortable.

IMG_20190730_192451.jpg

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you may have uncovered a an easy way to stuff some sound absorbing foam in that area!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pure speculation here, but the USCG started requiring builders to hide HINs elsewhere from the transom in the boats. Curious to find out it that matches your HIN. Most the boats I work on they will lay it in over the last layer of chopped strand/mat and epoxy clear over it so it will be permanent. It's always in random places like the underside of the glovebox or under the windshield.

Also pure speculation on the time stamps, but many manufacturers have exacting standards for each station on the line for them to accomplish their task in the build process. I'm wondering if they marked the time the boat got into their station and mark time out. If so then it was 40 minutes in their section on the line. They were probably supposed to do it in 30 🤷‍♂️. Just a guess though.

I will tell you one thing for SURE amidst all the speculation. If you want to surf and found all that dead space you just found a honey hole to put in some ballast 🤙🏄‍♂️

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I completely forgot to check the HIN again last night.

I'll have the wife go take a picture of it at some point today to compare :D

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pure speculation here, but the USCG started requiring builders to hide HINs elsewhere from the transom in the boats. Curious to find out it that matches your HIN. Most the boats I work on they will lay it in over the last layer of chopped strand/mat and epoxy clear over it so it will be permanent. It's always in random places like the underside of the glovebox or under the windshield.

Also pure speculation on the time stamps, but many manufacturers have exacting standards for each station on the line for them to accomplish their task in the build process. I'm wondering if they marked the time the boat got into their station and mark time out. If so then it was 40 minutes in their section on the line. They were probably supposed to do it in 30 🤷‍♂️. Just a guess though.

I will tell you one thing for SURE amidst all the speculation. If you want to surf and found all that dead space you just found a honey hole to put in some ballast 🤙🏄‍♂️
I found a hidden hull ID number on my boat...it was an engraved piece of some of kind of plastic embedded in the fiberglass.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I FOUND MORE!!!!

These numbers were found on the backside of the grey "helm piece" that the steering wheel and gauges mount to. More time stamps, and another alphanumeric sequence. This sequence DOES NOT match the one in the rear hull area. Wonder if they are internal part numbers, mold numbers, or something like that.

IMG_20190804_094855.jpg

IMG_20190804_094904.jpg

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OMG there writings on the inside on the boat- I think someone is trying to tell you something. Just not sure what! :winkingthumbsup"

You guys crack me up!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe it is time you stop playing Charlotte Holmes with your boat ......

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was checking on my YES coverage this morning and noticed that the "primary ID" matches the first few numbers of the hieroglyphics on the inside of the boat.

Just another piece to the puzzle. No real need to decode them at this point, I'm just curious.