• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone prepping for winterization yet?

I'd like to hear how your service goes, @Bizywk. I'm doing my Waverunners this weekend, but will probably bring the boat into the dealer this year and do it myself next time. The downside is that my dealer up here vs where I bought it 150 miles south is only a Yamaha PWC dealer, they won't winterize the ballast system.
Will do. You have a good plan. That's what I did our first year out of an abundance of caution. Then I spoke to directly to the tech and found out that my dealer's $350 winterization service only included plugs, oil, fogging oil and fuel additive. I estimate that labor must have cost me more than 250% of the dealer's parts cost while everything is easily accessible.

I can't understand why they wouldn't winterize your ballast you tanks as it seems like that would be at higher risk in freezing temps. Did they offer any guidance on how you could do it yourself? Maybe a few other members with experience here could chime in. I wish I could help, but other than drain and consider splashing in a little RV antifreeze, I wouldn't have any clue on what else to do. I can't find a factory ballast tank winterization process in my manual, so be careful and good luck.

Here in N. Illinois we will be boating as long as we can . This year we will be at least into mid-October before I even think about getting it ready for hibernation.
Very similar here in Southern Indiana. We'll be on the water until almost Halloween or so. Probably stop swiming in a few weeks when the water starts to cool off some. Date nights on the river have been as late as Mid November before depending on the days. Just take a windbreaker and wear long pants and it's usually pretty nice if the sun is out.

LOVE that I can "winterize" the boat, use it a day or two in the winter when we get a warm spike then re-"winterize" it in a matter of minutes and throw it back in the garage.

I ordered an oil change kit and fogging oil from @JetBoatPilot earlier today. Likely wrapping up our first full season with the boat this month, but ? maybe we can push it into early October. The dealer did a fine job with the 10hr service, but doing the seasonal service myself going forward will save me an 80 min drive each way and some cash.

LOL. Keep rubbing it in my friend. :) Florida is really blessed in many ways. That reminds me of this meme...

:arghh:

Thank God for hit and miss scenarios. We have missed two and season not over.
If its not Rain its Snow or Earthquakes. I'll take rain for obvious reasons. I'm sure its beautiful somewhere else but Miami will always be home for me.

I can't understand problem and winterizing being such a PITA for a simple DIY. This will be one of many threads on subject this time of year
If I lived there or someone wants to fly me there, I'll gladly winterize it and change oil and plugs for you.

I have the service manual posted in the 190 section but its the same for all 1.8 if it helps anyone save a few bucks and time at dreaded stealerships.

We're not going to stop until we must. Planning ahead is the name of the game.

Once you learn how to do this yourself this will be a non issue. You can do the whole job in less than two hours, maybe three if you check nuts and bolts. And you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

I‘ve got some projects planned for the winter months to enhance operations for next season.

Last year in MD my last boat day was 23 Sept so I’ll be happy with one more outing. Moving back to coastal NC in the spring so looking forward to an early 2022 season!

Not prepping just yet. We typically end the season when it's too cold to be in the water when wearing a wet suit. Last year it was late November. Boating in TN waters.

Last year it was just before or after Halloween that I winterized my boat. I bought my oil change kits last year and this year at the www.shopYamaha.com website. Was free shipping in August, and my dealer gets credit for the purchase. I recommend this oil extractor and milk jugs to hold the oil. Make sure you have suitable way to dispose of the oil.

Back