• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Ran Speaker Wires Inside The Tower in 2015+ AR240s?

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is very helpful - thank you!

I think I may end up slapping my speakers on the front leg after all, I have a set of ICON8s that use the TC3-F clamp which is kind of massive and may be a better fit there.

--
The Kicker clamps just happened to be perfectly spaced...

upload_2017-6-15_13-22-44.png

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jameskeller76 I finished - it went pretty well, thanks for the tips and pics - that was very helpful!
upload_2017-6-16_23-43-12.png

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski did you get out this weekend? Curious to hear what you think about the Icons.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski did you get out this weekend? Curious to hear what you think about the Icons.
I give those a 10 for construction and looks. Really nice. Huge pods, shaped into perfectly proportional cones, fairly light for the size, and fit on a forward tower incredibly well.

Soundwise I would say 7-8, maybe 9 - for certain applications. Those are very loud and very clear, but not mellow. Great in-boat/swim platform and surfing speaker. I finally understand what @David Analog means when he talks about the sound of those WS 1"titanium tweeters (vs silk tweeters of JL 770-880). ICON8s are not what I would call very soft sounding speakers by any means - but that can be very good in a boat. Very crisp sound, with tons of mid-bass - the cone is continuous and not interrupted by the tweeter.

I have those ICON8s powered by the Wet Sounds HT-2 amp and coupled with WS420SQ equalizer/line driver. Tuning is fairly strait forward, and I am very happy to have weaned myself off of volume control through Connext screens - which was unworkable for me. But I digress.

I really wanted JL 880s based on everything I have learned, same size and power, but I like those things to be both soft and strong. I am happy with the Icons. Thankfully, I also have 10 Polk DB651s in-boat - soft sounding and perfect for mellow listening (just power down the Icons for better balance).

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have full Wetsounds in my boat, so I completely understand the sharpness of them. Lol. I'd like to add some tower speakers for surfing, and have been looking between the Icon and Revo series.

OkieAR240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran 4 8inch kickers with LEDs through my AR240 tower earlier this year. I'm loving the sound for the price.IMG_5620.png
IMG_5570.JPG