• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AR 250 No Sound

NewGuy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey all. I Must be doing something stupid. Can’t get sound on from any source. Icon on far upper right of screen turns on for a sec and then mutes. A little help?

Have you changed anything equipment wise. amp??

Assuming the boat has FM on the receiver, is that one of the sources you have tried?

So the volume symbol comes on for a second and then I get a dreaded ”cross out“ line across the symbol. My guess is another damn fuse, but can’t find a fuse location for speakers in the manual. Anyone know which ones to check?

Assuming the boat has FM on the receiver, is that one of the sources you have tried?
Yes - tried AM, FM and Bluetooth. Connext displays the artist and song and whatnot, but nada through the speakers. Tried the mute button on and off from the transom, but no luck there either. Not really an option to go back to the dealer where it would sit for weeks.

I hear you, I avoid the dealer like the plague. Good luck, you got a head scratcher there..

OK still struggling with no sound. Figure it has to be a fuse, but owners manual doesn’t specify where speaker fuses are. All other fuses next to battery look good. Any help?

Attachments

• C5759893-1498-4F4A-A027-ED7D0AFBA697.jpeg
    C5759893-1498-4F4A-A027-ED7D0AFBA697.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
I had similar problem last week but the screen showed the lock symbols and power was lost to the main unit on swim platform. The 20amp fuse for the radio was blown, fuse located next to battery. You may want to try and do a factory default reset to radio and unpair all devices.

I had similar problem last week but the screen showed the lock symbols and power was lost to the main unit on swim platform. The 20amp fuse for the radio was blown, fuse located next to battery. You may want to try and do a factory default reset to radio and unpair all devices.
Will give it a try. Thank you!

Did this work? I’m having the same issue on my 2023 AR250
Try the circuit breaker near the DVSR switches. Reset that. See photo.

Attachments

• IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Try the circuit breaker near the DVSR switches. Reset that. See photo.
I’m gonna head back out today after work and see if that switch is there for me cause I don’t think I saw it yesterday. Hopefully that fixes it thank you and I’ll get back to the thread later.

Ok so my 23 AR250 didn’t have that same switch as you @sastocky but what I found that ended up fixing it was this wire that was coming of the battery switches and went into the engine bay and had this little white button that I figured I would press cause I was out of ideas and the radio came back on. So I don’t what was the issue but it’s working now lol

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 15
Great to hear it came back on. Check into that connector and where that wire goes what you pushed was a sealing plug that just fills an empty hole on the connector. The terminals that are crimped and inserted into the plug could be done incorrectly or the connection point could be loose or the wire may be pinched. If it happens again look into these areas

Great to hear it came back on. Check into that connector and where that wire goes what you pushed was a sealing plug that just fills an empty hole on the connector. The terminals that are crimped and inserted into the plug could be done incorrectly or the connection point could be loose or the wire may be pinched. If it happens again look into these areas
I definitely will look into it. Is there even a reason for that conector to be there? Should I bypass it and just have a wire going straight through?

I definitely will look into it. Is there even a reason for that conector to be there? Should I bypass it and just have a wire going straight through?
That connector is probably there to enable the breaker they had in the prior year. Now perhaps there is a fuse somewhere in that line. If you got your hands on a service manual you could likely locate the fuse. My guess is that connector isn't wired well or wasn't pushed together all the way.

That connector is probably there to enable the breaker they had in the prior year. Now perhaps there is a fuse somewhere in that line. If you got your hands on a service manual you could likely locate the fuse. My guess is that connector isn't wired well or wasn't pushed together all the way.
I’ll follow that line and see if I can find anything on it from where it starts to where it ends I guess. We have a big trip coming up and I wanna make sure it’s all good for it.

Back