• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Build Mods

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I vote no.
You guys are all awesome! I can’t thank you enough for the advice. I did pass on the boat and got my deposit back. 30 miles away was a 2016 AR192 with 88 hours and well taken care of. Perfect condition, full maintenance records. I can tell it was loved. It’s on consignment so I’m going to do some research and make an offer. I have to go home empty handed ( loan check was made out to the other boats dealer) but if the price is right, I will gladly come back for this boat or meet part way with the owners. I feel way better about this boat, I just need to get them to drop the price some. Thank you!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Infant Swing

Cost: $23.88 (swing) + $(17.85 x 2) Velcro strap = $59.58
Reasoning: We wanted a safe place out of the way for our 1 year old while we're wake surfing, wake boarding or tubing. This way he can see what's going on and keep him in one place.
Infant Swing.jpg

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Jet Boat Pilot - Thrust Vector Wake

1. Cost: $316.90 (Pre-sale pricing w/ shipping)
2. Website: Thrust Vector Wake
3. Reasoning: Knock down the jet wash spray while my daughter is tubing with a 60 foot rope and increase the surf ability of the wake.
TVW1.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jet Boat Pilot - Thrust Vector Wake

1. Cost: $316.90 (Pre-sale pricing w/ shipping)
2. Website: Thrust Vector Wake
3. Reasoning: Knock down the jet wash spray while my daughter is tubing with a 60 foot rope and increase the surf ability of the wake.
View attachment 95553
What does it look like on the inside?
Any results on the water? Do those change the boat’s attitude? Very curious how his shakes out.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What does it look like on the inside?
Any results on the water? Do those change the boat’s attitude? Very curious how his shakes out.

Taking the boat on Friday afternoon and will report back as I'm very curious myself!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@swatski We purchased a new house last June and now I'm able to store the boat in the garage. So having such easy access and looking at each day has lead to some serious summer fever! I have following mods planned before summer as long as my wife doesn't catch on.

- Thrust Vector Wake - On order
- Helm Storage Door - March
- Helm Cup holder - March
- Samson reverse arch mirror - April
- Ballast Bags for under the rear seats - April
- Ballast Bag for the ski locker - April
We tried weight in the rear seat compartment and it just didn't do well compared to weight across from driver and up front. We ended up going with steel weighted bags to give us better adjustability. All your upgrades are awesome. So you had to remove your cobra fins to put on the lucky 13 cone? That took me forever to put those fucking things on. That through bolt was a gigantic bitch. Another idea is centering that ballast bag. I'm trying in this weekend with high hopes of not having to move it from side to side. Are you close to WA? Maybe we could meet and I could get your advice installing the L13 cone. It looks easy but things with these boats aren't ever really that easy. Lol

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We tried weight in the rear seat compartment and it just didn't do well compared to weight across from driver and up front. We ended up going with steel weighted bags to give us better adjustability. All your upgrades are awesome. So you had to remove your cobra fins to put on the lucky 13 cone? That took me forever to put those fucking things on. That through bolt was a gigantic bitch. Another idea is centering that ballast bag. I'm trying in this weekend with high hopes of not having to move it from side to side.
Yes I had the Cobra Jet Steering Vipers and this how I would install the lucky 13 without removing the CJS Viper.
Step #1: Remove the bolt connecting the articulating keel
Step #2: Remove the two bolts that connect the reverse bucked to the cable
Step #3: Remove the bolt and nut for the steering cable.
Step #4: Remove the 4 bolts (2 on each side) so the everything can come off together.
Boat 2.JPGBoat 1.JPG

As for my Ballast/Surf set up.
- The custom transom ballast bag 490lbs centered
- Ski Locker ballast bag 370lbs
- Lead bags 100lbs - under the rear seats all the way back
- Have any passengers sit on the surf side - split between the back and bow.

Note: I tried the 225lbs under on each side under the rear seats and it was pain in the ass to fill and just too much weight.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes I had the Cobra Jet Steering Vipers and this how I would install the lucky 13 without removing the CJS Viper.
Step #1: Remove the bolt connecting the articulating keel
Step #2: Remove the two bolts that connect the reverse bucked to the cable
Step #3: Remove the bolt and nut for the steering cable.
Step #4: Remove the 4 bolts (2 on each side) so the everything can come off together.

As for my Ballast/Surf set up.
- The custom transom ballast bag 490lbs centered
- Ski Locker ballast bag 370lbs
- Lead bags 100lbs - under the rear seats all the way back

Note: I tried the 225lbs under on each side under the rear seats and it was pain in the ass to fill and just too much weight.
Thank you very much for the help.
I may sound really dumb right now but idk what bolts you are mentioning exactly lol. Is there a diagram somewhere by any chance? I get that area behind the rear seats wet anyway from listing with the ballast bag on the swim platform. It's my rub rails but I decided to not fix it. The lucky 13 is the last upgrade I'm doing as I'm getting a moomba max sooner than later.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may sound really dumb right now but idk what bolts you are mentioning exactly lol. Is there a diagram somewhere by any chance? I get that area behind the rear seats wet anyway from listing with the ballast bag on the swim platform. It's my rub rails but I decided to not fix it. The lucky 13 is the last upgrade I'm doing as I'm getting a moomba max sooner than later.
I edited my previous post to include photos.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also I saw that your seats are getting wet and I initially thought it was the rub rail as well, so I pulled it apart and was going to reseal and found out that was not the issue. The cause is a result from the cupholders on the swim platform. The water drains into a section that does not drain down into the haul and just sits there and soaks into the rear compartments. The fix is to add two drainage lines so the water routes down into the haul.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Also I saw that your seats are getting wet and I initially thought it was the rub rail as well, so I pulled it apart and was going to reseal and found out that was not the issue. The cause is a result from the cupholders on the swim platform. The water drains into a section that does not drain down into the haul and just sits there and soaks into the rear compartments. The fix is to add two drainage lines so the water routes down into the haul.
I'll have to look today. I thought there was just a hole that lead right to the bilge area.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll have to look today. I thought there was just a hole that lead right to the bilge area.
It does but if you remove the cupholder and use a flashlight you will see there is a lip in the haul that prevents the water from draining down into the haul.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It does but if you remove the cupholder and use a flashlight you will see there is a lip in the haul that prevents the water from draining down into the haul.
Wow so just some tubing to direct the water to the bilge. That's a huge help. Now i just wish the cleats didn't leak into the bilge when using our custom deck bags.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same issue I had with my SX195. I think I just ran some 3/8th clear tubing with a zip tie to hold the tube on the nipple of the cup holder. Ran the lines to the bottom of the bilge near the bilge pump. No issues of water in the storage areas now.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Taking the boat on Friday afternoon and will report back as I'm very curious myself!
Very eager to hear results!!! I got mine on order, probably won't see it for a few weeks.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So today was my first time out with the new Thrust Vector Wake and this is my experience.

The boat had great slow speed handling in forward and reverse. The TVW did knock down the get spray a little bit but still sprayed my daughter using a 60’ tow rope at about 25 mph and up. While wake surfing it did appear to clean up the wake a little bit however we had a boat full of people and I didn’t fill my ballast bags this time.

Now I did experience one main issue and I believe it has to do with the Lucky 13 cone and running all 3 spacers. At high speeds I experienced very very stiff steering. I was barely able to turn the steering wheel and I believe it’s due to the additional thrust from the Lucky 13 cone.

I’m going to try and go out again tomorrow, this time without any spacers installed and see if the steering improves.

Keep in mind: I checked everything before going out. I made sure fins came up without interference and hit both bump stops. I also aligned the height according to the included gauge for my model year. I made sure the reverse gate moved correctly and turned side to side without issue.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So today was my first time out with the new Thrust Vector Wake and this is my experience.

The boat had great slow speed handling in forward and reverse. The TVW did knock down the get spray a little bit but still sprayed my daughter using a 60’ tow rope at about 25 mph and up. While wake surfing it did appear to clean up the wake a little bit however we had a boat full of people and I didn’t fill my ballast bags this time.

Now I did experience one main issue and I believe it has to do with the Lucky 13 cone and running all 3 spacers. At high speeds I experienced very very stiff steering. I was barely able to turn the steering wheel and I believe it’s due to the additional thrust from the Lucky 13 cone.

I’m going to try and go out again tomorrow, this time without any spacers installed and see if the steering improves.

Keep in mind: I checked everything before going out. I made sure fins came up without interference and hit both bump stops. I also aligned the height according to the included gauge for my model year. I made sure the reverse gate moved correctly and turned side to side without issue.
We use this for spray as its a rope and a spray deflector all in one.

SPORTSSTUFF Towable Booster Tube Amazon.com : SPORTSSTUFF Towable Booster Tube : Waterskiing Towables : Sports & Outdoors