• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AR230 as a towboat

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On Sat. I got to rescue an I/O boat that had run aground on a sandbar. Took almost an hour to maneuver in close enough to get a long rope to it (two tube ropes) and tow it off. Fast river current and 1' depth in spots made it tricky. The yamaha was the only boat in the area that could get in close enough. Once we got the rope on I was able to pull it off into deeper water. Took lots of power to get it moving. Cam.

Good for you helping out like that. Hopefully the people were appreciative.

Stupid question time; could someone have swam from your boat to the grounded boat and then rode out with them to keep you from having to maneuver in so close?

We did that. My boat was downstream anchored in 2' of water and it was almost impossible to swim upstream. My son swam the rope over. Cam.

Last edited:
I have seen a similar technique used to get boats off a sandbar. They used a gas powered water pump to erode the sand bar away, and some shovels. The advantage of it being a river is that you don't have to handle the sand/silt you dig as the river carries it away. The disadvantage of it being a river is that the level goes down 1" per day (runoff time) so leaving it over night make the situation worse. I now carry a surplus N.Korean army shovel for times like this. In this case we dug a bit and dragged a bit. I was just paying back a favor as this happened to me a couple of years ago (being stupid and unobservant) and another jet boat pulled me off. Cam.

I've often wondered about using our pumps to free a stuck boat....if you connected the hoses that a jet board (not sure that is the correct name) uses, you could move a lot of water....and subsequently a lot of sand and if nothing else make the boat a lot easier to move. Thought of this when making the jet boat squirt gun!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/toy-...uirt-gun-to-end-all-jet-pump-squirt-gun.1511/
Was that the "other" site with the long ordeal the guy was trapped in 5-6 inches of water for a couple weeks until the water level rose? I'm sure you remember it, epic topic.

Was that the "other" site with the long ordeal the guy was trapped in 5-6 inches of water for a couple weeks until the water level rose? I'm sure you remember it, epic topic.
Yeah that was quite the epic ordeal he went through! Other site you say.....what's that? Lol

I wouldnt want to be that other guy. In my area the water wouldnt rise for another 10 months. Cam.

Yea ...Texas DJ guy...I remember. I was glued to the computer for days. His experience taught me to always have a pencil and paper on board.
Cam, wheres the pictures?

You found it! I remember all of it, was glued to the computer! Awesome read!

I remember religiously following that one for weeks. I had just bought my boat about 3 weeks before that thread started. I was fully in new owner mode...fascinated, scared that I would find myself in a similar situation; like being unable to look away from a car crash.

Back