• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 engine stalling when quickly stopping

Randy Ovaskainen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a 2011 AR240 and I have experienced issues with my port engine recently. It happens most often when I kill the thrust and get waves coming back onto the back deck. Almost like the engines are drowning. I've been able to limit the behaviour by not coming to a complete halt but rather slowly slowing down but it's rather annoying and if anybody has some tricks or hints of what might be causing this issue I'd love to hear them. Thx!

Kernel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is it possible you're not getting great contact on the cleanout hatch switch?
Sounds like the water hitting the clean out hatch is moving it just enough to trip the cutoff on that side. I used to get the same thing when I went over large wakes. Try turning the engine on, go back there and pound the hatch with your fist. If that trips it, all you need to do is adjust the latch.
Also, check to make sure the switch itself is secure.