• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR250 listing to port side

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had my AR250 wet slipped last week and noticed that it leans to the port side while empty. I had about 20 gallons of fuel and the items stored on the boat are somewhat weight distributed. I pulled out of the water and almost zero water came out of the drain plug. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Also, when I trailer the boat it sits on the trailer with a lean. It doesn’t seem to matter how I load it, it always has the same tilt. Is the trailer adjustable?

I have the same issue. Haven’t found a fix yet. It’s done it from day one but got worse with extra batteries. On the water it’s whatever but bothers me in the trailer.

Same here on my 252SE, has always listed just a little to port on the water and leaned just a little left on the trailer.

Yup....all these boats lean because the battery sits on the port side. Some people have added an extra battery and put it on the starboard side to balance it out. If you look at my signature photo...my boat is leaning in it!!! LOL

Yup....all these boats lean because the battery sits on the port side. Some people have added an extra battery and put it on the starboard side to balance it out. If you look at my signature photo...my boat is leaning in it!!! LOL

Is it possible to have the bunks adjusted to compensate for this?

Is it possible to have the bunks adjusted to compensate for this?
Most of the time I am loading the boat on my own (sitting in the captain's seat-with on one else on the boat-so I counter weight the battery) so I've not noticed it loading crooked, or moving to a crooked position while trailering. I doubt moving the bunks would help.

Last edited:
I’ve looked at the bunks and the “seem” to be the same on both sides. I guess if you guys are having similar issues, I’ll try to deal with it.

IMO a boat should not list to one side or the other at rest in the water. If it does it means they have not designed it in such a way to distribute the weight evenly. That being said, it’s kind of a norm with the larger Yamaha’s. My Moomba has multiple batteries on the port side and it doesn’t list. You can get some lead to offset the list if it bothers you. It would annoy me so I’d add lead (really is just steel shot) if it were my boat. It would help when/if you wanted to surf too.

My AR250 does not list but is very sensitive to loading off level on trailer. I usually ask everyone off boat and pull out slow. Stop and check, on a couple occasions, i’ve had to back in, and realign. Mostly due to ramps being really messed up and uneven.

The fresh water tank is on stbd which counterbalances the weight of the batteries. If the tank is empty then you may have a little list to port.

I am actually going to ask Yamaha about this Under the structural lifetime warranty. It may be normal but it is annoying.

Back