• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Auto bilge??? I'm a jackass...

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If it makes you feel any better, neither does a yellowfin, freeman, nortech, or most any center console boat. Depth is usually done by an aftermarket fishfinder/chartplotter.
Truth is I'm a FNG that really wouldn't know better but it makes all the sense in the world.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If you’re interested I have a thread on my 210 build with my budget plotter option. So far it’s working superbly, more to come.
Checking it out again... saw when you first posted and have not been back for updates.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Figured I would add to this.... my '18 242 bilge does not run with the batteries off. I have it in a wet slip and I'm up to 3 straight outings where I've got water in the storage locker and engine area when I get the cover off. I also received the manual update that said the pump is supposed to turn on without the batteries on, but it's obviously not working in my boat. I believe this "feature" was new for the 2018 models. Anyone else know if it actually works?

Yes, I have a backup pump and float switch.....

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a test switch on the side of the pump. Try testing it with your batteries on and then off. Mine worked. I also filled the bilge with water and it turned on, batteries off. It does take a bit of water, though.

wicked1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2019 FSH 210 has and Auto Bilge comes on by itself unless batteries are turned off, but there is also a way to run it manually.

Morenm01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2019 190 fsh sport. This thread has some conflicting info going on. Does my boat have a auto bilge with everything turned off? To include battery switch. Thanks

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All of the boats from MY18 and on had the type of bilge pump with a float. One of the hot (positive) wires goes to either a switch or the SPU for control by the Connext display. The other goes directly to the always hot side of the battery switch. This means that with the battery switches are off the float will trigger the bilge to come on and empty water in the engine compartment. There is a campaign for the 242 model boats because a diode had to be put in place to keep the SPU from blowing the bilge fuse when the bilge came on with the switches off.

You can test that your bilge will work with the battery switches off. There is a test button on the back of the bilge (see picture). Sorry for the blurry picture, but you get the idea. If the bilge starts to run, when you press this button, then it is working properly.20190823_153904.jpg

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In case anyone was wondering about their 242 being affected by the campaign. It only affects a small portion of the boats for MY18. MY19 boats are not affected at all. A notice should have been sent out about it already, if your boat was involved in this campaign.

Morenm01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In case anyone was wondering about their 242 being affected by the campaign. It only affects a small portion of the boats for MY18. MY19 boats are not affected at all. A notice should have been sent out about it already, if your boat was involved in this campaign.
Great....I’m assuming this the case with the 190 fsh as well? Thanks for the informative post. This main post had me concerned.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have never heard of a time cycling bilge pump!??? My last boat had a perfect bilge pump that activated with a float switch when water reached a certain level. I'm pretty sure all standard bilge pumps are supposed to do that. If what your all saying is true,...I better replace the bilge pump. I do not want a bilge pump that cycles if I need it to activate immediately.

Athomas73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2019 FSH 210 and the place I purchased it from had to fix some wiring to make it work when the batteries were off. Good thing I tested this before leaving it in the water overnight. I love this boat, but I have to say the quality control on these boats its horrific. If you buy one, you will love it but expect to spend a decent amount of time re-doing a lot of stuff.

IslandAubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I have a 2018 FSH Sport and the bilge is completely manual. When the switch is off, it never turns on. Regardless of if the house battery is on or off and regardless of how much water is in the bilge. The house battery has to be on, and the switch has to be turned on in order for it to run. On top of that, it never turns off when on. I've let it run for 15 minutes and it never turns off. Quite a PITA. Maybe it's wired wrong or the bilge is not functioning properly.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I have a 2018 FSH Sport and the bilge is completely manual. When the switch is off, it never turns on. Regardless of if the house battery is on or off and regardless of how much water is in the bilge. The house battery has to be on, and the switch has to be turned on in order for it to run. On top of that, it never turns off when on. I've let it run for 15 minutes and it never turns off. Quite a PITA. Maybe it's wired wrong or the bilge is not functioning properly.

Sounds like the fuse might be blown that is in the battery compartment. Some folks have had a similar problem and found that fuse in the battery compartment is blown.

As a previous post stated there are two hots going to the bilge pump, one is directly from the battery that goes through a fuse holder that is mounted on the battery compartment wall. This side of the bilge is automatic, will turn on automatically then turn off automatically.

The other hot is from the rocker switch on the helm, this a strictly manual switch and the pump will run as long as it is on.

IslandAubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like the fuse might be blown that is in the battery compartment. Some folks have had a similar problem and found that fuse in the battery compartment is blown.

As a previous post stated there are two hots going to the bilge pump, one is directly from the battery that goes through a fuse holder that is mounted on the battery compartment wall. This side of the bilge is automatic, will turn on automatically then turn off automatically.

The other hot is from the rocker switch on the helm, this a strictly manual switch and the pump will run as long as it is on.
I checked the fuse, and it was blown. I've replaced it and will try to test it soon. Thanks for the response!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I checked the fuse, and it was blown. I've replaced it and will try to test it soon. Thanks for the response!
If you haven’t already, pull the pump and make sure the screen is clear and or there is no debris in the pump.

IslandAubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you haven’t already, pull the pump and make sure the screen is clear and or there is no debris in the pump.
Pump is now working as advertised. I should have looked up the issue three years ago. I bought the boat new and just assumed that's how it was supposed to work.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pump is now working as advertised. I should have looked up the issue three years ago. I bought the boat new and just assumed that's how it was supposed to work.
The good part is that it’s fixed now!