• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery on or off in slip?

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wondering if we have an automatic bilge in our boats hardwired to battery? This weekend will be my first time using a slip and having the boat in water all weekend.

In stock configuration, if the boat is floating, battery should be on.

In stock configuration, if the boat is floating, battery should be on.

I believe that changed in 2018 models. The bilge pump is wired directly to the battery. You can confirm this by turning off your battery switches and pressing the test button on the side of the bilge pump.

Do you have the float style bilge pump? I think they changed from water sensing (battery killer ) to the float style that is activated if the float rises.

I believe that changed in 2018 models. The bilge pump is wired directly to the battery. You can confirm this by turning off your battery switches and pressing the test button on the side of the bilge pump.
I will try this when I get to the lake this weekend. Thanks.

I battery wondered about the battery powered automatic bilge pump sand what happens when the pump turns on and pumps the water while draining the battery until it is dead.
What if no one notices the pump running, walking right by?
I think a good idea might be to wire a horn somehow to let people know your boat was sinking?
Perhaps a second float switch wired to the circuit to power an alarm?
Many more boats sink at the dock than at sea.

I battery wondered about the battery powered automatic bilge pump sand what happens when the pump turns on and pumps the water while draining the battery until it is dead.
What if no one notices the pump running, walking right by?
I think a good idea might be to wire a horn somehow to let people know your boat was sinking?
Perhaps a second float switch wired to the circuit to power an alarm?
Many more boats sink at the dock than at sea.

In my last boat I wired the primary bilge to the Aux/house battery, and then wired a bilge alarm just above the bilge pump to the starting battery. I told the marina crew that if they heard an alarm from my boat...it was sinking. Pretty inexpensive mod. The main reason I did it was to know if I had a plug blow out flooding the bilge ASAP. This is on my list to do with the new boat.

Last edited:
Back