• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Sizing

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had an issue with a Dual Purpose Group 27 Battery this weekend going dead. A month or so ago I noticed that it was really hot and could hear it boiling. I pulled it out of the boat, filled with distilled water and took to have it tested. They said it was good.
I keep a charger (Pro Mariner 3 output) connected to the main battery and the house battery.

Today after being out for about 7 hours when the battery was dead. We played the radio some but not too much. It was on but there was nothing playing I'd guess 3/4's of the time.

I checked that the water is gone again. When I plugged it into a different charger that shows the voltage and capacity it was 12.xx volts and 10% remaining.

Anyone seen this ? Water going away so fast ? I'm wondering if a bad battery that's 2 years old or maybe charger. The other battery is fine.

My setup is... 6 X Polk Audio MM651 | 2X Polk Audio PA xD4000.4 | 1 X Polk Audio PA D1000.1 | 2x Bazooka MBT1014

The 4 channel amps are
Total RMS Power Output
800 watts
The other one is 1000watts.

Suggestions on enough battery or more different type ect..

Back