• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bay Bridge Boat Show

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trailer not included at that price!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The design inspiration was the 1990 Bayliner Capri...lol...serious..look at one..

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joshua Miller - curious, who had that on display? Bayside or the guys from Baltimore?
I was planning to go but yesterday was packed and weather today was supposed to be miserable and in the end I figured going would only get me in trouble with management since the temptation to trade up to a 2018 or 2019...
It wouldn't be the 27' one though, not for THAT kind of coin. I mean, cost of boat, divorce lawyer, trailer...

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
@Joshua Miller - curious, who had that on display? Bayside or the guys from Baltimore?
I was planning to go but yesterday was packed and weather today was supposed to be miserable and in the end I figured going would only get me in trouble with management since the temptation to trade up to a 2018 or 2019...
It wouldn't be the 27' one though, not for THAT kind of coin. I mean, cost of boat, divorce lawyer, trailer...
It was Beacon Light Marina. They had pretty much the whole 2019 lineup out there and had the AR240 out for test drives.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Exactly what I was thinking. Don't all Yamahas come with trailers?
Since this boat is 9' wide, you have to have a permit in most states to trailer it, so perhaps their assumption is most people won't be trailering it, so why include it in the price. If you are spending this much on a boat, whats a few thousand more for a trailer? You are probably buying it as a fancy tender for your Yacht anyway! LOL

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Since this boat is 9' wide, you have to have a permit in most states to trailer it, so perhaps their assumption is most people won't be trailering it, so why include it in the price. If you are spending this much on a boat, whats a few thousand more for a trailer? You are probably buying it as a fancy tender for your Yacht anyway! LOL
Talking with the regional Yamaha rep in the bottom picture gave me that same perspective. He said the demographic they are after are luxury cruisers, usually not more than four people in the boat. The size difference inside is incredible as compared to our 24 footers. No tow points either...strange.

I was a big fan of the swim platform seats that drop down at anchor. Yamaha needs to sell those kits aftermarket.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Talking with the regional Yamaha rep in the bottom picture gave me that same perspective. He said the demographic they are after are luxury cruisers, usually not more than four people in the boat. The size difference inside is incredible as compared to our 24 footers. No tow points either...strange.

I was a big fan of the swim platform seats that drop down at anchor. Yamaha needs to sell those kits aftermarket.
But those in that market arent pulling up anchors by hand, so lack of a windlass was a big miss.