• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bias tire rotation

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Original Bias tires are more heavily worn on outsides. Should I be rotating them to opposite sides to double the life?
Thanks in advance

Also
242x. Should I be looking to go radial when I replace? If so, is there a preferred standard wheel & tire combo that looks nicer & is affordable? (If so, which website or package deal)

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Original Bias tires are more heavily worn on outsides. Should I be rotating them to opposite sides to double the life?
Thanks in advance

Also
242x. Should I be looking to go radial when I replace? If so, is there a preferred standard wheel & tire combo that looks nicer & is affordable? (If so, which website or package deal)
Get rid of them. Night and day between radial and bias ply. Good year has a great radial tire which will ride better, safer, higher speed rating. I junked my bias tires after the first year.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks in advance

Also
That points to an alignment or spring problem. Have you removed the wheels and looked around for a worn suspension components?

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Somethings not right if you're seeing that kind of wear. Radial Goodyear trailer tires is my suggestion, but any tire is going to have the same wear issue until you fix the root cause. Don't forget to swap out the spare to radial as well when you do make the change.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If each tire is wearing on both sides Of the tread, that’s under inflation.

I just switched out the stock Carlisle bias tires to Goodyear Endurance radials. The main reason I swapped tires was that the bias tires had the typical bias tire flat spotting when cold, but would not go away when warmed up… constant vibration while running down the road. The Goodyear’s are pretty awesome, smooth and vibration free.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks in advance

Also
By rotating you mean toss and buy radials, yeah!

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If each tire is wearing on both sides Of the tread, that’s under inflation.

I just switched out the stock Carlisle bias tires to Goodyear Endurance radials. The main reason I swapped tires was that the bias tires had the typical bias tire flat spotting when cold, but would not go away when warmed up… constant vibration while running down the road. The Goodyear’s are pretty awesome, smooth and vibration free.
Assuming you got new wheels too? If so, which did you go for & what size. Thanks

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length