• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Big Problem...Need Help..MFI oil cap GONE...on way to Shelbyville

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So we stopped at Mammoth Cave and this morning I noticed no oil cap. Both the inner and outer!

Anyone have the part numbers handy?

Any Shelbyville attendees know if their dealer might have one?

I stuck my cooler drain plug in for now....should get me there.

Oh.. The brake reservoir.... The title had me feeling a bit freaked out for you... Any trailer store or boat dealer should have what you need. U- haul or a tractor supply.

If all else fails, buy a cheap bottle of wine and shave the cork down. Drink the wine of course...

is Saint Charles boat motor coming to Shelbyville this year, like last year? here is their number (636) 947-0106. maybe they could get the part in and bring it.

I actually think that will not stay on there too long, the surge brake bracket comes past that point......maybe some duct tape until you can find a cap or a lowes/homedepot might have a make shift cap.

As @Lspeeds said you should be able to find the parts at a trailer shop. I suggest stopping at a RV dealer.

Check for the cap online at pacific trailer inc. i think. I have two outters and a metal surge brake deactivating cap that don't fit my 2010 galvaniEd teailer. If you wanr them let me know.

Part #42072 Dorman Help brand found at O'reilys may work temporarily. Master cylinder gasket.

I think your best bet is to call MFI and have the parts overnighted to your hotel.

Dude... you can have mine. Just sitting on the trailer even though i switched to electric brakes. See ya friday morning super early. Prolly get there like 5 am

Edit: assuming they are the same.

@Speedling could you write up the switch to electric brakes sometime? This is something I am very interested in.

Thanks

@Speedling could you write up the switch to electric brakes sometime? This is something I am very interested in.

Thanks
Yeah, maybe i will work on that while in Shelbyville. .... or not
Really pretty easy.

Also, almost all the trailer supplies will have UFP surge brake units, and suspect they will have that rubber plug. Ya'll have fun up there!

I got the top plastic cover from MFI last summer

Back