• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini crossing

marceyama

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A week ago we were coming back from our amazing Bimini crossing experience.
I first want to thank all the crossing posts as they help me a lot.
I’m describing my experience as it might help others.
I went with my 2015 242 Limited S. My friend has a center console non-jet boat. Good radars. My mine would have been just fine.
My family of six (my wife, and kids 14-13-8-4 all girls!!!) everybody behind the windshield
Anchor in starboard front seat (not in anchor lock)
Weather by windy.com

Miami-Bimini
Winds 10knots, waves 3-4ft every 3 secs
It was bumpy, kind of rough. Happy medium about 24-26mph. Otherwise it would get harder. Half way through, it became nicer, and seeing Bimini helps.
Took as about 2.5 hours. Stopped half way through to jump in the bluest ocean.
Had 10 gallons of extra fuel that didn’t use. Arrived in Bimini with 30% gas left.
Immigrations is a bit of a pain. I recommend doing it in south Bimini/airport (I will do it there next time)

Bimini-miami
Lake-like conditions. Amazing
Downwind, wind 4-5, wave 2-3ft every 4-5 seconds. Took as less than 2 hours
Happy medium 30-34mph, smooth. Nice nice nice!
Also stopped half way through
No issues with gas
No issues in or out the haulover inlet

I highly recommend this experience.
Wife and kids were very happy!!
Excellent experience
I love my boat!!!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you had good crossings! I find it hard to believe that you were able to keep up 24-26 MPH in 3-4 foot seas at 3 seconds....you would be smashed to bits in that, at that speed. I assume this is what Windy said the contitiions were?

Great photos!!! Where did you stay in south Bimini?

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you had good crossings! I find it hard to believe that you were able to keep up 24-26 MPH in 3-4 foot seas at 3 seconds....you would be smashed to bits in that, at that speed. I assume this is what Windy said the contitiions were?

Great photos!!! Where did you stay in south Bimini?
Just the other day they sunk the Tugboat "Singleton" 18mi SE of the fort pierce inlet. It was 2-3ft chop on top of 2-3ft swells at 5sec. 10+ winds. It was rough out there, but we got 31nmph but we slowed down to 27 to make it less of a beating!
Definitely not recommend! But doable.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just the other day they sunk the Tugboat "Singleton" 18mi SE of the fort pierce inlet. It was 2-3ft chop on top of 2-3ft swells at 5sec. 10+ winds. It was rough out there, but we got 31nmph but we slowed down to 27 to make it less of a beating!
Definitely not recommend! But doable.
As you say....not recommended....unless you are trying to break it.