• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini NO, how about a CATALINA crossing?

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s supposed to be a great trip done every year by the San Diego Yamaha dealer and they leave out of Dana point. . Covid kind of messed things up that past 2 years but I’m going to try to go next year with them

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’d consider making a run to Catalina. I went to long beach state for my undergrad and recall seeing highlights from the annual waterski race. Guys doing 70 to 100 mph for 26 miles. I was there on a cruise ship excursion years ago. They limit the number of cars on the island which is why you are more likely to get around on a rented golf cart.

If I went it would probably be on a pwc (much less stressful for me to tow400 miles each way), mine or a rental. here is a company which offers pwc tours from Long Beach to Catalina daily. $400 per pwc plus $60 to add a passenger. Includes the pwc, fuel, wetsuit and a guide.

Wow….$400 is an incredible deal for that all-day trip!

I’ve never been on a pwc all day like that….it seems like if the seas got rough that would be a miserable ride there and back?

Bucket-list for sure!

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We ran into the Jetski to Catalina guys when we were out at Long Beach. They were just getting back into the harbor. Everyone in the group looked like they were still having fun. I stopped and talked to them for a minute.

I'd be up for trying the Jetski on a good day. I also want to see about an overnight trip in the Yamaha at some point.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Anyone made the trip and gone around the island to Little Harbor on the ocean side?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a spot on a Beneteau 46 to sail from Long Beach to Catalina 3rd week of Aug with some friends. I'm on the fence on whether I'm gonna pull the trigger or not.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw this today. Had I known about it before it happened I would have been part of it. Next year for sure.
IMG_3052.png