• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bluetooth Memory

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I helped @Norboo install a new bluetooth radio in his 2012 242 LS yesterday and after installing it we connected a phone to it via bluetooth. Everything worked great until he turned off the battery switch. After the battery switched was turned off and turned back on the memory from the bluetooth and the clock had both been erased? Is there a way to fix this without running a new wire from the battery to the Yellow wire on the radio? Also how much of a drain will that cause on a battery while it sits? Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Fusion bluetooth adapter drew enough power over the 2013 to 2014 winter to run the battery down.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember someone installing a 9volt battery on the yellow wire.

Was it @maboat

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah that was me, but a 9v transistor radio battery only held the memory for about a week. It worked for the short term but not a solution for long term storage

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was worried about maintaining the memory settings I would run power to the house battery and rely on the stock switching system to recharge it while underway. This works for extended stays on the water and shouldn't be an issue if the batteries are on a charger / maintainer when the boat is not in use.

Another way to handle it would be to attach a small pwc battery to the yellow lead of the HU and just charge it separately when the boat is not in use. The charge won't last forever but it should be a lot longer than a 9v battery.