• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat chores tomorrow

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
tomorrow is boat chore day before we get to go enjoy the lake
1. small gelcoat repair, dime sized gouge in the gel coat, starboard stern just below the rub rail where I backed in the slip just a little too hot
2. received my throttler sync from JBP, looks like an easy install, right at my technical level!
3. Wash the hull and apply Hot Sauce
4. Apply Vinyl sauce

definitely 1 and 2 will happen, we will see if I can stay the course with 3 and 4 or slack off and hit the water.

Installing keel guard, maybe GPS and transponder... great is the laziness with this one, so maybe just one of those. :S

great is the laziness with this one, so maybe just one of those. :S

Smthng, laziness is such a weighted word, I prefer to think of it as the powerful siren song of the lake that robs me of my will and determination.....

Suggestion on the Throttle Sync: Be prepared to tackle "Synchronizing" the throttles by playing with the throttle stops.
Normally, there is a little twidling of these that must be done. Will (@JetBoatPilot) has already prepared us a video that shows in detail what must be done.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
Installing new fuel sender that works with ethanol gas properly as the older models boats senders do not work well.....pre 2008- or 9

Getting boat Wet today!!!!:):):):)

Suggestion on the Throttle Sync: Be prepared to tackle "Synchronizing" the throttles by playing with the throttle stops.
Normally, there is a little twidling of these that must be done. Will (@JetBoatPilot) has already prepared us a video that shows in detail what must be done.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake OConee, GA

Thanks Uncle Mikey, did a little homework and checked out that video last night so I'm prepared. Best of all it looks to be well within my limited technical scope of practice.

1. Finished gel coat repair, definitely not an artist but not a bad finished product.
2. Enjoyed a cold Sweetwater IPA, watched the boating traffic passing the marina
3. Installed Throttle Sync
4. Adjusted throttle cables
5. Cleaned and lubed (he said lube) cleanout plugs
6. Greased steering and throttle linkages on the jet buckets
7. Applied vinyl sauce, seats look good.

Didn't get to test the throttles because the gelcoat repair was still tacky.

Today I will float her and test the throttles then it's hull washing and Hot Sauce time.

Back