• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cover care

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So I am using a brand new Yamaha cover for my 2015 242 LS. The cover is not completely rain proof. It rained here like crazy several days before taking my boat out from outdoor storage and everything was damped and wet underneath. I boat this from Amazon (just to realize the small sprayer will cover a quarter of the cover than ordered a gallon). I am planning to apply to the cover and the bimini fabric. I like the 303 products and using their UV protector. This should turn the cover to a water proof where water will slide off of it and not saturate it (which is the case now at spots when it rain hard). Will let you know if it's worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY1W7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AQNQ4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XBCURW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I read the instruction and don't remember this. I now it need 70 degrees and up, absolutely no rain or even dew, and it takes 12 hours to cure (better to leave in the sun). Can you send a link to the video?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did multiple coats of 303 and it was awesome for a few months, but nearly gone within a year. A super tight cover is the best option without putting a roof over it. Any pooling water will always get in the boat.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am also using 303 every year but, I believe that the salty climate is the primary reason this product is not lasting longer.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used 303 on my premium mooring cover last year and have never been so disappointed. After two seasons in New England where the cover is only outside 6 months of the year, it wasn't repelling water like it did new. I bought a gallon of 303 on Amazon and followed the directions. Saw only slight improvement in cover repeling water. Very disappointed. When cover was new it rolled right off. Sent an email to Gold Eagle and didn't even get a response. Poor product and even worse customer sercice.