• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating Playlist

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, as a winter project, I am re-doing my playlists for boating this summer. I'm looking for suggestions for songs to add. I've already got the basics covered (Jimmy Buffet, Bob Marley, Zac Brown, Kenny Chesney, Beach Boys, etc.). Let's hear your suggestions Jetboaters!

Mostly adults, we have a clean playlist when the kids are with us.

This topic reminded me of one of our rocking-the-sandbar members who goes on long deployments with the silent service. @Sotally Tober ... you still with us?

/end threadjack

Oh you have to check out Iration if you like Marley, Tosh and Sublime. Hawiian Reggae served up Cali style.

This topic reminded me of one of our rocking-the-sandbar members who goes on long deployments with the silent service. @Sotally Tober ... you still with us?

/end threadjack

I'm still here and alive =) Navy has been keeping me super busy over here in Japan. I've spent the last 15 of 24 months deployed onboard GEORGE WASHINGTON and RONALD REAGAN. I will be transferring to Bahrain next week for 12 months. After that I will be moving to San Antonio Texas. It will put me in striking distance of Lake Travis. I will be back in the states come September. I just booked a 5 day house boating trip on Lake Powell kicking off on 6 September.

Oh you have to check out Iration if you like Marley, Tosh and Sublime. Hawiian Reggae served up Cali style.

Time bomb!

Reactions: 007
I'm still here and alive =) Navy has been keeping me super busy over here in Japan. I've spent the last 15 of 24 months deployed onboard GEORGE WASHINGTON and RONALD REAGAN. I will be transferring to Bahrain next week for 12 months. After that I will be moving to San Antonio Texas. It will put me in striking distance of Lake Travis. I will be back in the states come September. I just booked a 5 day house boating trip on Lake Powell kicking off on 6 September.

Let us know if either of those CVNs need steering enhancement. I know a couple guys that would prolly take a crack at an aftermarket solution for the Navy on that issue!

@BAC.94 , my playlist is always changing but there are a few that have become popular hits, beside the "standards" you mention that I think everyone has to have (if you don't have Toes and Knee Deep, for example, the list is just wrong!) (BTW, I have a "loud" and a "quiet" version of the list depending who's on board. Also some have been picked by "the Admiral"...)
In no particular order,

From the "quiet list"
  • Mr. Blue Sky by ELO
  • Sittin' on the dock of the bay by Otis
  • Europa by Carlos Santana
  • Brandy by Looking Glass
  • Meadow Rag by Steve Howe
  • Only Time by Enya
  • Avalon by Roxy Music
From the "loud list"
  • Green Grass and High Tides by the Outlaws
  • The Nights by Avicii
  • Float On by Modest Mouse
  • Fire on High by ELO
  • Here Comes the Weekend by the Moody Blues
  • Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
  • Fanfare for the Common Man by ELP (I like to play this one as we go down a no wake zone channel and then just book it when the song picks up)
  • Born to Run by Springsteen (A 'must have')
  • Thunder Road by Springsteen
  • Foreplay/Long Time by Boston
Yeah, not all "boating themed" but I tried doing that at one point and it was vetoed by the passengers as "too one-themed".

I put my old iPod on the boat (velcro to dash) and basically used it as a fixed item on the boat. It ceased working just on the last visit to the boat (working on putting down my SeaDek--see https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-seadek-group-buy.7214/page-22). So I was setting up my even older iPod to replace it, so I happen to have my playlist rarely handy. Some sampling:
Africa (Toto)
Alternative Girlfriend, Brian Wilson (BNL)
American Woman (Guess Who)
And the Beat Goes On (Whispers)
Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd)
Bad Influence, Brushfire, Cosmic Thing (B-52's)
Big Generator, Changes (Yes)
Black Dog (Led Zepplin)
Blinded by the Light (Manfred Man's Earth Band)
Born to be Wild (Steppenwolf)
Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day)
Boy on a String (Jars of Clay)
Can't Keep Goin On (Take 6)
Century's End, Deacon Blues (Steely Dan)
Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
Dance Hall Days, Eyes of the Girl (Wang Chung)
Devil Inside (INXS)
Dirty Little Secret (All American Rejects)
Drive (Incubus)
Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon)
Fantasy (Earth Wind Fire)
Fly Like an Eagle (Steve Miller Band)
Funk #49 (James Gang)

That should get it started. Several others by each of those artists (and an entire rest of the alphabet I could go through)...

Good call this is something I had not thought of but this year I have several LONG boat trips planned I need to get started on this.

This is a good thread and will give all of us an idea around adding to our playlists. I boat with my 2 sons and kids for the most part so I can't even post the names of the songs here. I have always liked all/most music and it is interesting to see how it has progressed. I will watch this thread so I can build some new playlists.

Budapest (George Ezra)
Buy Me A Boat (Chris Janson)
Chains (Nick Jonas)
Earned It (The Weekend)
GDFR (Flo Rida)
Ho Hey (The Lumineers)
Honey, I'm Good (Andy Grammer)
I gave you all (Mumford and Sons)
I'm On A Boat (The Lonley Island)
Pontoon (Little Big Town)
Red Solo Cup (Toby Keith)
Redneck Yacht Club (Craig Morgan)
Roll Away Your Stone (Mumford and Sons)
Sexy and I Know It (LMFAO) we skip this one if the kids are with us.
Sign No More (Mumford and Sons)
Sippin' on fire(Florida Georgia Line)
Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)
Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson)
Worth it (Fifth Harmony)

Its hard to have just one boating playlist. I have a generic "boating" playlist, one for surfing and one of "islandish" and reggae music for veggin' out at a raft up.

I agree, @007 . Mine are 'boat rock', 'boat jazz' and 'boat country'.

I forgot to add one from the "obvious" list: Southern Cross by CSN or one of the Buffet verisons.
I heard Buffet say in concert that it's the best boating song he wishes he'd written...

I boat with my 2 sons and kids for the most part so I can't even post the names of the songs here.
@4x15mph - my 20-something kids are all over the map, which is something I'm proud of (Frank Sinatra to Dropkick Murphys to Zeppelin???) but fortunately their tastes stop just shy of the "hard core" stuff. And they have heard me say enough times that "the c in rap is silent" that they're usually kind enough to skip over it on their playlists! I do also have a hard fast rule of nothing profane or suggestive, especially when we're moored near others. Although I work in construction, can swear with the best of 'em and have no problem doing so, I don't care to hear how some misogynistic bugger is gonna' treat his beyatch at loud volume from the boat next door...

Boating gives me a Peaceful Easy Feeling and once anchored, I always Take It Easy...RIP Glenn Fry. All of my playlists contain tracks from the Eagles. Just wonderful lyrics and have been apart of my life since music gained a greater influence with me. My heroes are getting older and we are losing them now. I just wish I had taken the time to catch them on tour the last few years.

Most of my playlists for the boat have more of an 'alternative' feel, so these songs might not be universally accepted. But frankly when I'm Captain...take a wild guess what they get to listen too?? :D

Breezeblocks - alt-J
Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys
Bad Blood - Bastille
Roses - The Chainsmokers
Fell in the Sun - Big Grams
No Diggity - Chet Faker
Drop the Game - Flume, Chet Faker
Summertime - Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (<- yeah I went there!)
Black Mambo - Glass Animals
Almost anything from Gorillaz
Our Own House - MisterWives
Float On - Modest Mouse
Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
Get It, Hey Now, Let's Go - Matt and Kim
Bridges - Broods
Long Way Down - Robert DeLong

I also throw in some Mumford & Sons, Sublime, Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam, Black Keys (or the Arcs), Moby, Run DMC, and some more pop-y kind of stuff depending on who is with us on the boat.

Back