• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brutal Barefoot Wipeouts.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Holy Crap. Some of these have to hurt big time.
And to make matters worse - behind an outboard. Some of them got real close, too close to that prop.

Some of those had to hurt.....advil sales video?

Yep. I know exactly how that feels..........not the success of barefoot skiing, but the mind numbing head first hits to the head trying to learn ;)

Well it's official I'm never going to try barefooting. Had a small interest before so I could say I tried it, but now that's gone.

How do these people not wind up with back and neck injuries or worse?

Wow !!! I'm sore just from watching !!!! Yea I will not be trying that any time soon !!!!

I'm always up for an adventure....but not that one.

How do these people not wind up with back and neck injuries or worse?
They do! I've never met a pro/semi-pro wake boarder that hasn't had knee or shoulder issues/surgeries.

Ive been wakeboarding for 20 years, now youre getting me nervous....

knocking on everything made of wood nearby.....

There is something appealing about wakesurf wipeouts - kind of like slipping into the tub - versus cartwheeling and bouncing off the concrete-ish water at those speeds!

Hard to watch some of those. Helmet seems like it might help lessen the concussions.... a little.

Hard to watch some of those. Helmet seems like it might help lessen the concussions.... a little.
That helmet is wearing THEM for protection. It's the back and neck that scares me. No neck braces?

Umm, yeah, uh, umm... NO!

Went out with a very experienced footer and a comparatively noob driver when I was in high school (plus my dad, although he was not a water skier.) We were on a then-state-of-the-art Ski Nautique on a smallish lake on the 4th of July. Of course, all of the adults had been drinking... Anyway, the footer was up and doing his thing, don't recall tow speed, but it was FAST - he was about 225... he does a tumble turn, driver didn't know there was such a thing and thought he ate it. As it was the 4th and lake was busy, he throttled down aggressively to get back to the skier ASAP. Meanwhile, the footer comes flying toward the boat... he barely missed the stern and ended up right next to the driver's position in the water. Tremendous yelling match ensues (it was not funny, he was really angry + the booze didn't help). Anyway... footing is too far out there for me,

Last edited:
Back