• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

buying a sx240

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Im moving to Florida soon -from Minnesota (cold sux) I've had a place down in fort myers for years - my seadoo 180 is probably a bit small for FLA - fine for my little river runs up here. I think the 24' would be a better choice. don't want the tower. Checking prices it seems buying a new 18 is a far better deal than anyone selling a used one? Am I missing something on used yamaha prices? I own both yamaha and seadoo PWCs. like them both - think the 15' up yamaha's will suit me fine.

Chhers.

Tim

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure why you say new is a better deal than used. Every used boat will suffer a depreciation hit, and many will come with extended warranties that will still be in force. That said, many people are looking for the pleasure of being the first owner...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think @Tim Chies may be referring to the fact that many people have their used 2016 or 2017 240/242s listed for sale w/asking price that approaches or even exceeds the new 2018 SX240 MSRP.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think @Tim Chies may be referring to the fact that many people have their used 2016 or 2017 240/242s listed for sale w/asking price that approaches or even exceeds the new 2018 SX240 MSRP.

--
I agree right now I wish I would have held on to my 2011 SX240 I think I could have sold it for 4-5K more then I did a year ago based on what I see today.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are deals out there you just have to find them. I bought a 2016 242 S E Series with 10 hrs. for 55K last year.

Jetboater Tim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the same overall predicament. I live near the Lake Erie and it's not like there is an abundance of used boats at below market values. There was only one dealer that had several in-stock Yamaha models to check out, and it was still two hours away. With new Yamaha incentives, I gave up waiting for the perfect used boat with maintenance records reasonable hours. Maybe Florida is different with inventory, but I wasn't trying to buy something more than a few hours away either.

My 2018 AR240 is being prepped now. With a $1k dealer discount, free upgrade canvass cover, anchor, and lake ready safety kit, plus 3 year warranty incentive I feel pretty good about buying new. It's killing me to see snow falling out my window right this very second though, lol.

Good luck and happy (jet)boating!