• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CA Carb Modifications AR190

qbndvl24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I have been browsing this site and have found alot of great topics, seems as everyone is here to help each other, which is great.

I recently purchased a 2020 Ar-190 and can't seem to get over 32/34 (CA Boat). I've seen many post saying low 40's, and out of state boats high 40's. I generally run the boat at the River (Havasu) or Castaic, Pyramid lakes

My question to increase top end and consistency, what can be added? Ribbon Delete, L13, K&N air filter? Who has done this? And what results have you seen.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I have been browsing this site and have found alot of great topics, seems as everyone is here to help each other, which is great.

I recently purchased a 2020 Ar-190 and can't seem to get over 32/34 (CA Boat). I've seen many post saying low 40's, and out of state boats high 40's. I generally run the boat at the River (Havasu) or Castaic, Pyramid lakes

My question to increase top end and consistency, what can be added? Ribbon Delete, L13, K&N air filter? Who has done this? And what results have you seen.
Consistency will come from the L13 and Ribbon Delete. My boat runs the same wether I have no load or a heavy load. I boat at ~800ft asl and 42-43mph with other people on board is about "normal" for me. Getting to 38-39 isn't hard, the other 4mph require good water, favorable wind conditions, and long straight shot of course. I have a non-CA boat as well, so that might be part of it.

32/34mph seems a bit low. What kind of RPM are you turning at that speed? I get those speeds when I'm only spinning the engine around 6800-7000rpm. Some days I can cruise at 30mph at 6k, somedays it takes a bit more and I'm closer to 6400-6500rpm.

Not sure how else to help on a CA boat to be honest.

Whats the elevation at Havasu? Quick google shows 735ft asl, that sound right?