• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Center Window shifting and binding 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey All,

On my 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S I am finding that in any sort of rough water or chop when the boat hits the waves my window glass frame shifts and the center folding window slips down into the frame cauing it to bind instead of just sitting on the tab/edge as per normal. Anyone have this issue or any advice to correct? I am worried once the window is bound that a good wave hit/flex may cause the window to crack...

Thanks,

Matt

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It sounds like one of your windshields to either side of the center is loose. See if other or both are and tighten down the loose one if any. You may have to remove the top of the frame to get to the screws which hold the bottom of the frame to the hull.

I had my windows tinted and the installer removed the windows to tint them. After re-installation the bottom corner of the center windshield dug into the hull where the windshield closes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It sounds like one of your windshields to either side of the center is loose. See if other or both are and tighten down the loose one if any. You may have to remove the top of the frame to get to the screws which hold the bottom of the frame to the hull.

I had my windows tinted and the installer removed the windows to tint them. After re-installation the bottom corner of the center windshield dug into the hull where the windshield closes.
mine is hanging on by like 1/2" inch I will have to take a look

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

That is exactly what is happening. I will try and see how to go about tightening the starboard side of the window glass as this is what appears to shift away from the center glass.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
please take some pictures and post a DIY

very interested in taking them out to realign & paint frames black. a project for winter time :D

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very interested as well.

This is not an unusual issue, happens a lot. Especially (if you fly too low) over rough water. Ask @chris24 and @1948Isaac, lol.

@Ronnie do you have pics? Do those panels just slide up when you remove the top? How difficult of a job is it to take it apart and reassemble/realign?

--

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've have a 2015 212X and the center folding window was crooked, had the dealership fix it and touch-up the gel coat at the bottom corner from where the window framed had rubbed on it, under warranty. It's crooked again, now I'm more careful to put something between the gel coat and the frame if the window is closed, which is usually only when I'm towing it to and from storage twice a year. Looking at the window, I think the hinge isn't very high quality that causes it to shift with slight pressure. Sucks, but I'm just dealing with it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put a small piece of hydro turf (foam with a self adhesive backing) at the spot where the corner of the center window was sitting on the gel coat (post tint installation), it's been doing a good job for years and takes a lot less effort to install/redo than pulling the upper window frame and window.