• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chart Plotter Placement on newer boats with connext? Simrad Go7 installed

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The red plug connects to the back of the plotter. It pulls out to connect to the plotter, and slides back in when I'm not using the plotter. I'll take a pic of the plotter installed tomorrow.
@MrMoose ...is the red plug aftermarket? What's the product info. I'm liking it. TIA!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@MrMoose Where did you place your transducer? I'm doing the same install and not sure best place to put it. I think I'm going to use one of there for sealing cable.
IMG_0853.PNG

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Also, where did you get power from?

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Didn't want to drill into the console, so I use a RAM suction cup. Mount it right to the windshield. This is the only photo I got, but you get the idea.IMG957511.jpg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pinhacker71, I did not install a transducer in my Yamaha. I've had fishfinders on past fishing boats, and they've only shown me pictures of all of the fish that I wasn't catching. I prefer the "Look and see where everybody else is fishing, and take note of whether their rods are bent or straight." technique.
I connected to the auxiliary power (i.e. the one that looks like a cigarette lighter) in the helm for power. I haven't had any problems with the electrical.
I'll be installing a fixed vhf soon, and I'll have to figure out whether the auxiliary has enough juice in it to run both the vhf and chartplotter. I'm open to opinions on this if anybody has any experience.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking on installing forward scan with the simrad go7 instead of the down scan
I don't fish and figure it would be great to see the bottom landscape in front instead of under.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Where did you pass through the hull? Seems like most people are passing through above the waterline. I think it would look cleaner to pass through at mounting location. I don't see any reason that it can't be a watertight seal there

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MrMoose .. I have a plotter and vhf to install.. I am going to run a power wire to a.distribution block behind the helm so I can power the plotter, vhf radio, and the nmea 200 back bone.. along with anything else I want to put there.

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where did you pass through the hull? Seems like most people are passing through above the waterline. I think it would look cleaner to pass through at mounting location. I don't see any reason that it can't be a watertight seal there
The installation manual said to put it above the waterline. So I ran it up underneath the swim platform and used 5200.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Andy S, we had the wrong tools when we were looking for the sub in Bimini.
@MrMoose I actually had that same transducer attached to my Garmin when we were searching for the sub in Bimini. I wasn't confident in using it, darn I should've tried.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MrMoose .. I have a plotter and vhf to install.. I am going to run a power wire to a.distribution block behind the helm so I can power the plotter, vhf radio, and the nmea 200 back bone.. along with anything else I want to put there.
I just installed my block today to get ready for my plotter and other electronics I would like to add. Pretty easy install.
I added a cut off inline fuse by my battery for peace of mind to ensure I am not drawing power when everything is off.