• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chart Plotter Placement on newer boats with connext? Simrad Go7 installed

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you elaborate on this installation? I am looking at installing this on my AR250 and was curious how you did it.
Pretty simple, drilled the holes for the mount then i loosened the dash a little so that i could squeeze the cables between the gap and not have to drill another hole, then i sealed the gap with silicone

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Got some work done today on the Garmin install....got the transducer installed, wire run and made the mount. Now need to attach the mount and connect power wires.

(I have since put in a new and much bigger Garmin 94SV-but used the same through hull fitting)

The through hull fitting is a Seachoice CABLE THRU-HULL FITTING-BLACK SCP 17901

View attachment 53751 View attachment 53753 View attachment 53755 View attachment 53756 View attachment 53758
@Julian.... Quick question...... Did you use 4200 or 5200 on your Seachoice Thru-Hull Fitting for your transducer cable? I purchased it and was just reading the instruction and it says "DO NOT use adhesive sealant" but I was planning on using 4000 or 4200 incase I ever need to replace the transducer.

I'm planning to go through the bottom of the swim platform on my 275SD but I see you ran your closer to the water line. I just wanted to see what sealant you used and how it has been holding up for you.

Thanks in advance!

BlueBulls

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For nearly the same price get a Blue Seas CableClam. I've got one under my swim platform going to the transducer and one on the dash going to the display. A little regular silicone in the screw holes on the fiberglass but otherwise the rubber seal keeps everything watertight. The stainless trim looks a little nicer than a plastic fitting, especially on a dark hull.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
For nearly the same price get a Blue Seas CableClam. I've got one under my swim platform going to the transducer and one on the dash going to the display. A little regular silicone in the screw holes on the fiberglass but otherwise the rubber seal keeps everything watertight. The stainless trim looks a little nicer than a plastic fitting, especially on a dark hull.

Thanks BB...... I've used one of these CableClam's on the roof of my motorhome to run a Starlink cable through the roof and back to the ladder to mount the dish with a pole.

The only thing I don't like about them is they are big and require four screw holes vs a single hole like the thru-hull fitting. This is also small and black like the color of my transom so you would never even see it under the swim platform.

If Julian hasn't had a good experience, then I might go this route.

But if you are only using marine silicone and not 4200 on the screw holes, that tells me that marine silicone might be good enough going through the bottom of the swim platform.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian.... Quick question...... Did you use 4200 or 5200 on your Seachoice Thru-Hull Fitting for your transducer cable? I purchased it and was just reading the instruction and it says "DO NOT use adhesive sealant" but I was planning on using 4000 or 4200 incase I ever need to replace the transducer.

I'm planning to go through the bottom of the swim platform on my 275SD but I see you ran your closer to the water line. I just wanted to see what sealant you used and how it has been holding up for you.

Thanks in advance!
I used marine silicone caulk. You want to be able to replace it if need be in the future, so I'd never use 5200, 4200 would work.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I used marine silicone caulk. You want to be able to replace it if need be in the future, so I'd never use 5200, 4200 would work.

Ok.... thanks..... I was worried about just using 3M marine silicon sealant since that shouldn't be used below the waterline. I figure 4200 would be ok since it is removable. Sounds like your setup is working well so I will probably move forward with the same SeaChoice fitting you used.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks BB...... I've used one of these CableClam's on the roof of my motorhome to run a Starlink cable through the roof and back to the ladder to mount the dish with a pole.

The only thing I don't like about them is they are big and require four screw holes vs a single hole like the thru-hull fitting. This is also small and black like the color of my transom so you would never even see it under the swim platform.

If Julian hasn't had a good experience, then I might go this route.

But if you are only using marine silicone and not 4200 on the screw holes, that tells me that marine silicone might be good enough going through the bottom of the swim platform.
My primary concern with the cable clams is they say "For use above the waterline only". That said, not sure the one I used says it can be used below the water line either! LOL Which is why I mounted it as high as I could drill on the transom. Mine has worked great for three? years....

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My primary concern with the cable clams is they say "For use above the waterline only". That said, not sure the one I used says it can be used below the water line either! LOL Which is why I mounted it as high as I could drill on the transom. Mine has worked great for three? years....
The instructions for your fitting do say it is recommended for above the water line but if you have not had any issues in 3 years, then putting it under the swim platform slightly higher than your install should be just fine.

My only challenge is the slot in my fitting is supposed to be 1/4" wide. My transducer cable is 1/4" exactly it won't go into the slot. Might have to try some dish washing soap or opening the slot slightly with a file.

Thanks again!