• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cheap DIY GoPro Case $9.99

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Why GoPro doesn't just charge another $10 and provide a case for all those parts is beyond me. but...since they don't, I've been on the lookout for a cheap alternative. I got this tackle box at WestMarine and it works perfectly. It's double sided with smaller compartments on one side and a little larger on the other. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Nice!! I need to get a bigger case. I have outgrown mine with all of the accessories.

Pelican makes a nice waterproof case, ain't very cheap, but it works very well. This one's 50 bucks. Keeps them from rattling around. I have them for all my cameras.

71dLlgqfoyL__SL1500_.jpg

Cool! A GoPro is on my wish list for my birthday...got that @DawgDaze ? ;)

I use a Crown Royal bag... Classy.

I use a Crown Royal bag... Classy.
Ha! Me too! I have 1 crown royal bag in the truck for loose change, one in my golf bag for tees, divot tools, ball markers, and a brown crown maple bag in my leather briefcase for chargers, cords, etc.... Does this mean I drink too much Crown????

Hahaha, seems the crown bag is a big hit. That is what I am using as well, but I think I will upgrade to the tackle box.

I'm hoping for a GoPro for Fathers Day, I'm guessing a new AR-15 isn't going to happen...

I'm hoping for a GoPro for Fathers Day, I'm guessing a new AR-15 isn't going to happen...

Good thing you don't live in NY. . .AR15's are EVIL here. . . . .

Sorry @0627Devildog I won't live in Colorado or California either. My wife thinks Assault rifles are evil, I want one because I know everything about them having lived, slept, eaten, with one for 10 years. From a safety perspective I plan on removing the bolt carrier and locking it up separately from the rifle, and locking the ammo up in a container in a locked cabinet in the garage....

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Last edited:
Sorry @0627Devildog I won't live in Colorado or California either. My wife thinks Assault rifles are evil, I want one because I know everything about them having lived, slept, eaten, with one for 10 years. From a safety perspective I plan on removing the boot carrier and locking it up separately from the rifle, and locking the ammo up in a container in a locked cabinet in the garage....

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....
Whats a boot carrier? Sounds dangerous.

Pelican makes a nice waterproof case, ain't very cheap, but it works very well. This one's 50 bucks. Keeps them from rattling around. I have them for all my cameras.

View attachment 6789
Nice!! I have 2 black editions if you count the one at the bottom of the lake!

Funny I use the tackle box as an in home storage solution but when I take the camera(a) out I usually just grab the accessories I think I need and keep them in the soft gopro bag that some of the mounts come in. Now I'm thinking of upgrading that to a crown royal bag (bigger, softer and more colorful.

View attachment 6789

Pelican cases are the best, I use mine for a slightly different purpose...

image.jpg

I went to a military surplus store and bought an old night vision hard case for my gopro. Bought some foam and cut it to fit the gear. Bulk storage in the half without foam. Very cheap and waterproof, and slapped a couple gopro stickers on the side.image.jpgimage.jpg

#GoPro I got one for Father's Day! WOOT....now I need a case! And a pole (any ideas on that?)

Last edited:
Back