• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning Chrome Rims?

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have a good way to get heavy oxidation off of chrome rims? On my 2009 trailer the chrome rims are really dull and have a pretty good layer of oxidation. I tried a couple of off the shelf chrome polishes and barkeepers friend soft cleaner. No luck. Only thing I found that worked was fine grade steel wool, but it was like 15 minutes of rubbing to get a spot clean the size of a baseball. I will wear out my fingers trying to do all 4 wheels.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If they are real chrome steel or brass wool will do the trick, just don't go too nuts or they’ll scratch. You likely won’t find a product that is going to produce satisfactory results if you had to scrub that much to get it off.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpgthis morning I used water & SOS pads PLUS did a fast wax. They had some slight rust & a nasty film that came right off. The soap in the pads helps keep anything from getting scratched

Last edited:

Captain scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SOS pads worked well for me. A Tip i discovered is to hold 2 or 3 pads at a time to make it easier on the hands to grip than just a single one.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Either SOS pads or never dull.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 127579this morning I used water & SOS pads PLUS did a fast wax. They had some slight rust & a nasty film that came right off. The soap in the pads helps keep anything from getting scratched
Good night! Those rims are shining like brand new!

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Going forward, invest in some of the Meguiars Hot Rims cleaner. It is amazing. I usually spray it on, then use a small bristle brush on rims and tires. Look like new every time.

meguiars-hot-rims-all-wheel-tire-cleaner-24-oz-18.jpeg.jpg