• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connect system low voltage error

Muneebgulzar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought a Yamaha fx cruiser 2023 brand new, the wave runner is running fine but screen is showing wrong voltage as a result I have not been able to use the audio system, I have checked volts with external volt meter attached where it’s going 13 volts whereas in display it’s showing only 2.5 volts, the wave runner has been starting perfectly fine with meter showing only 2.5 volts
I have attached the video
Help In in this regard will highly appreciated

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you check voltage at the battery? Should have 12.7-9 at the battery with the motor off. Any chance to swap to a new battery just to eliminate a possible dead cell?

Muneebgulzar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Battery volts were 12.7 when engine was off, I installed the brand new battery but the problem still exist

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Muneebgulzar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I
You have a bad connection to the screen. Pull all the connections and check for water....dry....and check again. If still bad, the water could have corroded the wires.
Its brand and its giving problem since day one

Muneebgulzar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Could it be software issue, my jet ski is also giving fake fuel alarm

Julian