• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext “Boot Mode” on 2016 242

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tried to take my boat out today. After turning on the key, the Connext screen shows “Boot Mode” and is non-responsive. Engines start but no blower, radio, etc. Any ideas?

Tried disconnecting the battery, unplugging the Connext screen from the back, pushing a combination of buttons, but nothing seems to work.

2016 242 E-series

How’s your battery health? I have the same boat - never had that issue but often that could be low battery voltage (although could crank the engines - sometimes low battery causes those glitches)
or - have you tried the diagnostic mode? (I’ve never done it but members here to it all of the time)

I just replaced the batteries at the beginning of the summer so they should be solid. I’ll look up diagnostic mode.

Can’t get into Diagnostic Mode. None of the buttons are responsive. Any other ideas?

Do the buttons below work or is the screen itself not responsive to touch? Not really sure- but I think that will need to be a dealer fix-

The touchscreen and the buttons are non-responsive.

The touchscreen and the buttons are non-responsive.
Did you change anything with the wiring or batteries since the last time it ran properly?

What is your battery voltage?

I am having a problem with my 242 se limited touch screen I cannot UNLOCK and make the radio work Any and all suggestions would be sincerely appreciated

Rob

Did you change anything with the wiring or batteries since the last time it ran properly?

What is your battery voltage?

No. Unfortunately, this is the first time out in about 6 weeks. Boat has been sitting under cover since then.

Battery is reading 12.2.

Shop says I need to replace the screen. Has anyone done this before? Is it as simple and unscrewing it from the back and plugging a new one in?

Shop says I need to replace the screen. Has anyone done this before? Is it as simple and unscrewing it from the back and plugging a new one in?
Not done it, but it looks like 4 screws from the parts diagram. That screen is $1,800 though......

1631302401563.png

Yeah - the price tag is brutal. Waiting on an estimate from the shop, but I'm expecting them to want MSRP $2400 plus labor for it.

Don't think I have too many options though...without the screen/computer, the boat doesn't really work.

Yeah - the price tag is brutal. Waiting on an estimate from the shop, but I'm expecting them to want MSRP $2400 plus labor for it.

Don't think I have too many options though...without the screen/computer, the boat doesn't really work.
Were you able to diy this? I’m in the same boat

It’s easy. You can do it yourself in 20 minutes.
Thanks!
Yeah I’m an electronic nerd, I wasn’t worried so much for the labor as whether or not there are brains specific to the boat that would need to be programmed… engine configuration, ballasts, ect. But I understand the brains of the operation are elsewhere on the boat

Thanks!
Yeah I’m an electronic nerd, I wasn’t worried so much for the labor as whether or not there are brains specific to the boat that would need to be programmed… engine configuration, ballasts, ect. But I understand the brains of the operation are elsewhere on the boat

My dealer was able to find a screen through the Yamaha Hero program (their terminology). As I understand it, in some cases the factory may be able to find left over parts and send those to the dealer for free as a goodwill gesture. In my case, all I had to pay was $300 in labor to install it…which I was more than willing to do knowing the alternative is to buy one online and install it myself. As far as I can tell, the dealer didn’t reprogram anything (for example, the digital hour meters got set back to zero…but it doesn’t really bother me). I assume the reverse would also be true…if you found a donor boat for parts, things like the hour meters would be whatever the old boat showed.

My dealer was able to find a screen through the Yamaha Hero program (their terminology). As I understand it, in some cases the factory may be able to find left over parts and send those to the dealer for free as a goodwill gesture. In my case, all I had to pay was $300 in labor to install it…which I was more than willing to do knowing the alternative is to buy one online and install it myself. As far as I can tell, the dealer didn’t reprogram anything (for example, the digital hour meters got set back to zero…but it doesn’t really bother me). I assume the reverse would also be true…if you found a donor boat for parts, things like the hour meters would be whatever the old boat showed.
Thanks, I asked my dealer to look into this. They hinted that they have never heard of goodwill from Yamaha but we will see

Back