• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Screen for 2018 210 FSH SPT

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have an update on these? Mine is out and cannot find replacement. Yamaha said they're on backorder with no date of manufacture or shipping.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In my communication with Yamaha Customer Service, they told me that they have been in dispute with the display manufacture. They have developed a trouble shooting committee to try and resolve. I sent them an email suggesting that if they built a gateway for Yamaha boats to interpret their proprietary NMEA coding, we could at least send the info to our chartplotters to display. So far no word back from them. Sent the email mid March.

I am looking into this links fix: djdynex nmea 2k upgrade It seems doable, but we will have to change the pin numbers to match our boat.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is extremely disappointing to me towards Yamaha. Looks like this is much more of an ongoing issue than a supply issue. A customer should never have to go to those lengths on his own to correct a parts issue. Looks like I may be trying that route though if something isn't resolved quickly. Thank you for the update though Frank, it's greatly appreciated.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For my 1018 210 FSH, I believe the pins are as follows (although I have not confirmed):
Oil Pressure - ECM Pin 17 Pink/White shorts to ground.
Over temp - ECM Pin 24 Pink shorts to ground.
I believe the AlbaCombi analog to Y2K can hook up to the generators for rpm and hours.
Fuel Level - Fuel electrical connector Pin 1 Pink should give a resistance reading (not sure of high and low yet).
I also plan on tapping house and starter batteries for their voltages.
I believe that Yamaha's NMEA 2k will supply speed thru the water and water temp.
Not sure how to tap engine warning or the Diagnostic Code No.'s Yamaha's connext outputs.
It would be nice if Yamaha developed a gateway, or better yet resolved the delaminating display issues.